hi everyone

Options
Hi my name is carol. I also found the app for my phone at begining of march and have been keeping track every day since. Its quite an eye opener as to how many calories you can eat in a day. Although at the moment i am on medication that can put weight on i am still finding logging in every day helpfull for my own peace of mind, although i do get down hearted coz its a struggle. The best thing for me at the mo is to have the incentive to exercise more. Hope to meet lots of friends to keep me motivated :)

Replies

• trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    welcome.......feel free to friend me..... it is a struggle, but you are not alone and the folks around you are SOOOO supportive and there are always different types of challenges and incentives.......good luck on your journey!!!
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome, the more you do it, the easier it gets. Hang in there :)
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi Carol

You look like you've got a similar goal to me. I'm struggling already and I'm only 3 weeks in. But I am sticking with thanks to reading the posts on MFP. Everyone is really supportive and there are so many success stories to keep you going.

Feel free to add me as a friend

Good luck
  • rosy24dr
    rosy24dr Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey! I just found the ap on my phone yesterday so i'm fairly new. I totally understand what you mean about it being an eye opener. yesterday I logged the food I ate and I put into my body 980 calories that were not needed. I need to change my lifestyle and need to start sticking to the workouts! I'm also under something that makes me gain weight and I hate it.. if u ever wanna chat I'm here!

Rosy
  • ewharris
    ewharris Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal. I have been a member since Jan 2011 and I have lost 15 or more lbs. Myfitnesspal keep me motivated. Before I eat anything I check to see how many calories. I always ask myself do I need this or do I just want it. I find my self exercising more and the lbs are dropping off. I have lost a dress size since January. I find myself walking more, shooting hoop and riding my bike. I am a 54 yrs old grandmother and loving myfitness pal. I tell all my friends about it.
  • juandelacruz2108
    juandelacruz2108 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HELLO EVERYBODY I JUST STARTED 3 DAYS AGO AND I THINK ITS A GREAT APP. I LIKE HOW EASY IT IS TO KEEP TRACK OF THE CALORIE INTAKE, I TRY DOING IT BY WRITING EVERYTHING ON A BOOK BUT THAT WAS NOT WORKING BECAUSE I WOULDNT CARRY THE BOOK WITH ME, WITH THIS THOU I CARRY MY PHONE EVERYWHERE I GO SO ITS EASIER TO LOG IN EVERYTHING I DO.....LOVE THIS APP....
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi Carol - welcome to MFP I think it's an excellent site with loads of support.
    Good luck:smile: