Thinking of doing the Dukan Diet

Options
Anyone else done it? Not loving the calorie counting thing, but was thinking of allowing myself 1600cals but just protein. It's always worked before but this was when I did Atkins. I know about it not being maintainable over a period of time but Dukan allows you to have veg, carbs, cheat meals etc. Anyone been following it for long? I don't have a lot to lose, maybe a stone /10lbs
xx

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i did the dukan diet for almost a month and lost 11lbs, its easy to stick to at first, but gets very restrictive after 3 wks lol, good luck with it :) x

oh and also, i started with MFP the day i quit Dukan, and have lost more weight here and in a healthier way :)

best wishes
    Kirstie xx
  • eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Dukan is just not realistic.
    You can only eat home with Dukan, you have to buy weird stuff...
    AND you lose 10kg and gain 15 back!

I'm wayyyyyy against it
  • eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    and honestly...you hate counting calories at the beginning but then you just find it fun and get addicted. especially when you have such a great tool as MFP!

There's no miracle diet.

Get back to basics...Count calories and work out.
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    I've heard of it. Never tried it though. I'm doing Atkins Induction.
  • CrimsonWife
    Options
    I got a copy of the Dukan Diet book on March 30th through Amazon Vine. I'd been doing South Beach/Sonoma off and on since 2002. I lost 20% of my bodyweight and kept it off for 2 1/2 years until I got pregnant with #2. Lost all of it within a month of weaning him, and kept it off 2 years until I got pregnant with #3. Again, I lost all of it within a month of weaning her, and kept it off for a year until some stressful events caused me to fall off the wagon & regain 15 lbs. Got back on the wagon as of New Year's Day and lost 9 lbs. before plateauing.

Dukan helped me blast through the plateau. It is like South Beach on steroids. I did 2 days of the pure protein "attack" phase and then switched to a 5 protein + veggies/2 pure protein schedule. I don't have that much more weight to lose, so I went for the least restrictive option for phase 2. Also, I have learned to like veggies so I don't want to give them up 50% of the time. I'd rather a somewhat slower weight loss if it means I get to eat something other than just meat/poultry/fish and low-fat/non-fat dairy.