eating at night , the tv and the challenge

Options
:frown: :huh: my biggest problem is eating at night. a lot of it has to do with sitting in front of the "tube for 4-5 hrs .which is another bad habit.it does me no earthly good.so i've decided to challenge myself to "rework" my evening routine,eliminate tv and thus eliminate most of my night time bingeing-yes that's the correct word. maybe i can get a workout in and get to bed at a more reasonable hour as an added bonus. is anyone else in this boat and do you want to take this challenge with me?:smile: sue

Replies

• suevittorioso
    Options
    :frown: :huh: my biggest problem is eating at night. a lot of it has to do with sitting in front of the "tube for 4-5 hrs .which is another bad habit.it does me no earthly good.so i've decided to challenge myself to "rework" my evening routine,eliminate tv and thus eliminate most of my night time bingeing-yes that's the correct word. maybe i can get a workout in and get to bed at a more reasonable hour as an added bonus. is anyone else in this boat and do you want to take this challenge with me?:smile: sue
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    I agree with you , we all need to push the tv away as well as the food lol Television is one of the reasons Im the weight I am now , I also used to eat all the way until bedtime and lots of calories at a time , my used to calorie intake was close to 5-7000 a day and for the last 3 weeks its been 1500- 2000 and boy that is tough .
  • suevittorioso
    Options
    :noway: i really think this might make a huge difference-might be a deal breaker.the calories i eat at night have been the ones that are out of control and in my "former life" i wasn't counting them.but they're the ones that pushed me way over the edge and over 200 lbs! hey, i'm really feeling like i'm cracking the code here and it's because being here on this site is forcing me to confront my issues and make changes.ok-yeah me!!!!!:laugh:
  • MiaEllie
    Options
    I, too, am an out of control eater at night! I decided to go to the gym in the evening since this gives me at least two hours of not eating. When I get home, I allow myself to eat any raw veggies that I want. I usually start out with a huge mixed spring greens salad with low fat dressing. I then usually have many of the following: a sweet red pepper, 5-10 radishes, sliced cucumber, red cabbage, carrot, or cauliflower. I just munch on any of these items until I go to bed. It has helped a lot! I actually think that it stimulates my metabolism for the night! Maybe I even end up with negative calories!?