Help me choose what fit kit to buy next

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
Hi there lovely MFP-ers.

I've decided to celebrate a recent pay-rise with a trip to Argos tonight to get myself some new workout equipment. Help me choose what to buy.

1. A pair of 2kg (4.4lbs) pounds so I can do 30DS without killing myself (my current pair are 5kg/11lbs - woof!).
2. A hula-hoop. I've got a couple of awesome workouts in magazines I'd like to try.
3. A kettlebell. I use an 8kg one for swings at the gym and the effects are amazing.
4. Something else less than £20

Sadly I can't stretch to an HRM at the moment, that would be my first choice!

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a kettle bell.

Stick with your 11 pounders and keep working to build up the strength to finish the routine you're having trouble with. Even if you only get half way, thats better than giving up and going to a lighter weight. You'll be glad you stuck with it.
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I would like to say kettle ball cause I know it is awesome but I am kinda leaning towards the hula hoop. It is a great workout and I just remember them being so much fun
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    id go with 2kg weights:smile:
  • rmcheathbabe
    Options
    kettle bell! I have several different weights of kettle bells and have seen a difference in inches by using them every other day. ...definitely a good buy!
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I hula hoop several times a week after my workouts. I would do it everyday if I had one at home :)
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    kettlebell!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Votes so far:

Kettlebell: 4
    Hula hoop: 2
    30DS-friendly weights: 1

Any more for any more?