Wicked-Good Witch Brooms

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
broomsticks1_sml2.jpg

PER SERVING (1 Broom): 87 calories, 1.5g fat, 93mg sodium, 27g carbs, 9.25g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 1.5g protein -- POINTS® value 1*

Equal parts cute, crunchy, and chewy. Check it out...

Ingredients:
2 cups Fiber One bran cereal (original)
6 Red Vines Sugar Free Vines (Cherry, Black Licorice, or Strawberry)
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread

Directions:
Place butter in a small saucepan, and set heat to medium-low. Once butter has melted, add marshmallows.

Stirring occasionally, cook until marshmallows have melted completely.

Remove from heat and immediately stir in Fiber One. Continue to stir until cereal is thoroughly coated.

Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray. Transfer gooey cereal mixture to the pan. Using a large piece of wax or parchment paper, press down on cereal mixture to spread and flatten it into the bottom of the pie pan. Allow to cool slightly, so it isn't as sticky, and then carefully pull back the paper. Let sit at room temperature until cool but not completely solid -- it should be firm enough to cut but soft enough to mold.

Arrange a layer of wax or parchment paper on a flat surface. Place licorice twists lengthwise, spacing them about 6 inches apart.

Once mixture in the pie pan is cool and slightly solid, use a sharp knife to cut it into 6 "slices".

Carefully remove one slice from the pie pan. Place the point of it at the base of one licorice twist, overlapping by about an inch, so your treat looks like a broom. Press down firmly around the licorice to seal. Repeat with the rest of the slices and licorice twists. Enjoy!

MAKES 6 SERVINGS

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    broomsticks1_sml2.jpg

PER SERVING (1 Broom): 87 calories, 1.5g fat, 93mg sodium, 27g carbs, 9.25g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 1.5g protein -- POINTS® value 1*

Equal parts cute, crunchy, and chewy. Check it out...

Ingredients:
    2 cups Fiber One bran cereal (original)
    6 Red Vines Sugar Free Vines (Cherry, Black Licorice, or Strawberry)
    1 cup mini marshmallows
    1 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread

Directions:
    Place butter in a small saucepan, and set heat to medium-low. Once butter has melted, add marshmallows.

Stirring occasionally, cook until marshmallows have melted completely.

Remove from heat and immediately stir in Fiber One. Continue to stir until cereal is thoroughly coated.

Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray. Transfer gooey cereal mixture to the pan. Using a large piece of wax or parchment paper, press down on cereal mixture to spread and flatten it into the bottom of the pie pan. Allow to cool slightly, so it isn't as sticky, and then carefully pull back the paper. Let sit at room temperature until cool but not completely solid -- it should be firm enough to cut but soft enough to mold.

Arrange a layer of wax or parchment paper on a flat surface. Place licorice twists lengthwise, spacing them about 6 inches apart.

Once mixture in the pie pan is cool and slightly solid, use a sharp knife to cut it into 6 "slices".

Carefully remove one slice from the pie pan. Place the point of it at the base of one licorice twist, overlapping by about an inch, so your treat looks like a broom. Press down firmly around the licorice to seal. Repeat with the rest of the slices and licorice twists. Enjoy!

MAKES 6 SERVINGS
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Ok, this might be evil-minded but I couldn't' help thinking that if you have any bratty kids in the neighborhood, giving them a few Fiber One "witch broom" treats might be "sweet revenge." Almost 19 grams of fiber per 2 brooms! :laugh:
  • battykatty2002
    Options
    you can buy fat free marshmallows so that would reduce the calories further

sounds yum, will be trying them
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh how cute! I wish I had seen that recipe earlier, I could have made them for our October potluck at church. :bigsmile: I'll definitely add this recipe to my already vast collection. Thanks. :happy:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome:flowerforyou:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Ok, this might be evil-minded but I couldn't' help thinking that if you have any bratty kids in the neighborhood, giving them a few Fiber One "witch broom" treats might be "sweet revenge." Almost 19 grams of fiber per 2 brooms! :laugh:

:noway: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Those are super cute! That would be a great idea for a class room party.