Hi

Options
Hi I have been a member for awhile but have lost touch with this site for many months. I am 37, 5'6" and weigh 155lbs. I am always tired and cranky and I just want to feel better. I have this terrible habit of eating junk in the evenings after my kids are in bed. I know I just need to stop buying it. This is what happens I go food shopping I pick out fruit and veggies and I try to buy the 100 calories snacks for the kids lunch boxes. Then I walk around the store and I see this on sale and that on sale so I buy it 'for when company comes over" and guess what it never lasts for the company. If I don't get control of this now I am really going to suffer as I get older. Help I really need motivation to get through this.

Replies

• formygirls02
    formygirls02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been a member for awhile but have lost touch with this site for many months. I am 37, 5'6" and weigh 155lbs. I am always tired and cranky and I just want to feel better. I have this terrible habit of eating junk in the evenings after my kids are in bed. I know I just need to stop buying it. This is what happens I go food shopping I pick out fruit and veggies and I try to buy the 100 calories snacks for the kids lunch boxes. Then I walk around the store and I see this on sale and that on sale so I buy it 'for when company comes over" and guess what it never lasts for the company. If I don't get control of this now I am really going to suffer as I get older. Help I really need motivation to get through this.
  • bethskiles
    Options
    88002.png
    You can do this. So many of us face these kind of battles- so please know that you are not alone. Just take it one day at at time- maybe even one moment at at a time and rejoice when you succeed in overcoming each tempation. Beth S
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    Welcome back! We are all here to support one another so when you feel yourself slipping, log on and we will support you and motivate you.
    Kids need to eat healthy just like us adults so forget about buying those snacks that tempt you in the middle of the night and stay with the healthier stuff.
    When you need inspiration, just read all the sucess stories and you will see that people like you and I, have lost the weight and we can do it too!
    Sending you my best wishes for much sucess! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lschoone
    Options
    I have also been a member for a while. And I was doing really well...then I slacked off and life seemed to get in the way of eating right and exercising. All I can say is one day at a time. I find the best resource here is the message boards and the food diary.

The food diary makes you responsible...and at least for me...makes me think twice before eating junk. Or for that matter buying junk foods. And I know for me...if its in my house I will probably eat it eventually. So better not even to buy it!
  • formygirls02
    formygirls02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support. I got through yesterday and last night really good. Instead of eating after the kids went to sleep I just went to sleep too.