Tai Food

lnelson88
lnelson88 Posts: 64
edited September 25 in Chit-Chat
Never had it. Is it yummy? And what would you suggest?

Replies

• HunnieM
    HunnieM Posts: 37
    thai food? It's my loveee! The place I go to called chao praya has amazing sweet and sour chicken!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    I love Thai food. I used to eat it once or twice a week, but have cut it down to two or three times a month due to relatively higher amounts of sodium.

There are a lot of similarities with Vietnamese food (which I also love) but if you want a well-rounded meal:

Appetizers: Spring Rolls, Tom Yum Soup
    Entree: Pad Thai (if you are American) or Panang or Green Curry with white or brown rice (get it extra spicy)

As an aside, a lot of my friends who have worked (or do work) in Thai restaurants mentioned that the cook will mix a little bit of milk or cream into the meal (particularly curries) to water down the spices for the "inexperienced" palate (i.e., white folks).

Get a Thai Tea to drink and enjoy. Cheers.
    -wtk
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Its great. Pad Thai with Shrimp - Spicy is what I get when have Thai food.
  • lnelson88
    lnelson88 Posts: 64
    My mouth is watering. lol But I'm allergic to shellfish so I usually get chicken when I go for chinese. Is it similar to chinese at all or is it BETTER? More flavor and spice? I like flavor and spice. :love:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    I find it way better, but it's different. I like Chinese food too. One of my favorite foods is Vietnamese (love Pho) but Thai would probably be a close runner-up.

I also live in Washington DC so I love trying all sorts of ethnic foods.
    -wtk
This discussion has been closed.