Calling Smoothie Makers...

Options
polar5554
polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
OK, so I've recently started making a lot of smoothies!!! My kids love them just as much!! I've been using a Cuisinart Blender for about a week now and did some research on a new blender (just because I wanted a new one)...and last night I bought the Ninja Pro Master Series from Kohl's to find out I HATE it!!!

So yesterday after I made my smoothie in my new blender, I decided that I'm going back to the old Cuisinart...Well then the worst thing possible happened...It made the most awful sound and died...REALLY????? I felt like someone was just not wanting me to enjoy my smoothie!!!!!

So, having said all that...What is your blender of choice for creamy (and not icy) smoothies???

ETA...I can not afford the Vitamix.

PS. The reason I hated the Ninja was I had to constantly scrape down the sides (even though I added a ton of liquid).. And after it DID come together, the taste was horrible because of all the liquid I added.

Replies

• tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have a Bledtec. I LOVE it! It has never let me down :)
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have a Bledtec. I LOVE it! It has never let me down :)

LOL! BLENDTEC! hahaha
  • nakami
    nakami Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bullet!!! The best :)
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I have a Cuisinart stick blender & it works great. But I don't use ice in my smoothies, so it might not work so well if you do.

My smoothies are usually 1/2 a banana, 1/2 cup of berries, 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1/2 cup of OJ.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    We use the magic bullet... which we love forr smoothies.... they have a cheap one @ walmart for $20 but it's very cheap and does not seem to crush as well .. so we went and got our magic bullet from storage.

Before that I had the "The Smoothie Maker " which we loved to make Margaritas out of, but it broke... and the part was almost as much to get a new blender
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I use my food processor.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    My mom got me a Black and Decker Crush Master for Christmas and it rocks! Though, since it was a gift, I have no idea what the price for it was...
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have looked at the blendtec and it is about 100 less than vitamixer. I use the Ninja and have had great results, so not sure why it's not working for you. A friend of mine has the bullet but says my ninja works better..
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I use this one for making my smoothies, but it's really only good for making a smoothie for one person. but it's GREAT! Does not leave any icy chunks at all in my creamy smoothies!

http://tiny.cc/vxq6t Hamilton Beach Personal Blender with Travel Lid

I use this one for making a bigger amount of smoothies. http://tiny.cc/dfbc3 Hamilton Beach Wavestation Express Dispensing Blender
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    OK, so I've recently started making a lot of smoothies!!! My kids love them just as much!! I've been using a Cuisinart Blender for about a week now and did some research on a new blender (just because I wanted a new one)...and last night I bought the Ninja Pro Master Series from Kohl's to find out I HATE it!!!

So yesterday after I made my smoothie in my new blender, I decided that I'm going back to the old Cuisinart...Well then the worst thing possible happened...It made the most awful sound and died...REALLY????? I felt like someone was just not wanting me to enjoy my smoothie!!!!!

So, having said all that...What is your blender of choice for creamy (and not icy) smoothies???

ETA...I can not afford the Vitamix.

I'm so glad I saw this post.. I was literally about to buy the Ninja. Not anymore I'm not! Glad I didn't waste $60 for junk. Curious to see the responses....
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    I have the Blendtec and LOVE it. It is kinda spendy tho. We got it at a discount when they were set up in Costco.
  • TahsiaFriedman
    Options
    I can't live without my magic bullet even though I have a brand new blender! My husband has one smoothie a day and I have 2. For him, I put in 9 oz. soy milk, 1 banana, strawberries, and vanilla protein powder. For me, on non-gym days, I put in 9 oz. water, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and vanilla protein powder. On gym days, I use almond milk instead of water and add a banana. Sometimes I'll add in whatever greens we have in the refrigerator.
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Braun Immersion Blender. I use frozen fruit, which I set out to thaw after I work out & while I'm cleaning up. When I'm finished, the fruit is softer & easy to blend. I cover the opening of the cup with a paper towel to keep it from spraying, but it's not a big deal.

1/2 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 cup frozen raspberries
    1 banana
    1 cup light soy milk
    1 scoop EAS whey protein powder (vanilla)
    1 tbsp ground flax seeds
  • JLKL75
    JLKL75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    magic bullet!! its the best for smoothies!
  • tamariekisa
    Options
    I have to stay away from infomercials because they sucker me in every time. One day I was home sick and very bored. I started surfing the TV and landed on an infomercial for Montel Williams' HealthMaster. Long story short, I ordered one. Like other things, it sat unused for months. We have just recently started our new healthy lifestyle so I decided it was time to figure this blender out. WOW! It is really good. I was surprised to see what it can do. I know that you said that you can't afford an expensive blender but this one is definitely worth it. You can make payments on it and that may help you out. There are lots of recipes that are made specifically for this blender or you can make up your own. My husband likes to give me a hard time about it jokingly...but in the end, it was a good purchase.

Tammy
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Blendtec is just as expense as the Vitamix - so that isn't an option.

I second the Magic Bullet (it doesn't compare to my Vitamix - but I didn't know that before I got my Vitamix and loved it! --- I still use it when I go on business trips).

If you want a bigger blender - I had an Oster with a glass jar that I loved!!! It lasted me 10 years and was still going strong when I got the vitamix - I think it was only $30 or so at WalMart.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Do you think I could go wrong with a Waring Pro???

I found one on Cl for $50.00
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bump
  • craigc135
    Options
    Interesting! I have the Ninja - and LOVE it. I have found that I let it run a little longer than I did in the beginning - and it blends it up perfectly! My daily smoothie is: 1 c. almond milk / 1/3 c. almonds / 1 1/2 c. frozen fruit / 1 banana. It works great w/ that amount of liquid - and tastes wonderful!
  • mayasmom
    mayasmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My blender is about to die according to the sound it make the last time I made a smoothie!

I'm going for the Magic Bullet so that I can make "custom" smoothies for my daughter and I in the morning.

As another post mentioned....use frozen fruit instead of ice. A much creamier outcome!