what's a good calorie count for the day?

Options
Hi everyone, I see a lot of success here and hoping this site will work for me. I am confused at what is a good calorie count for the day ...do I go with the suggested bmr or just set something I can work with. I struggle with losing weight i go up 3lb lose 1 lb and so on. I don't want to give up, but get very frustrated. I would love any help or suggestions how to get started.

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Just follow the recommended settings and the website will choose it for you based on your goals.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    go to your settings and set your goals. Once all your info is entered into it you will have an accurate calorie goal Good Luck! :smile:
  • SHININGSTAR1979
    SHININGSTAR1979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Definitely, stick to the recommended. Unless you feel that it is not enough calories for you.

I've had a similar experience in the past: depriving myself so much in the beginning of a program that I feel that I can't continue the program long term. As of now, my goal is to lose 90 lbs, I know this will take a long time (about one year). The recommended caloric intake for me to lose 2 lbs a week are 1200 calories per day, but based on prior experience I changed the goal to say I want to lose 0.5 lbs a week. This is workable for me. You should try and do the same, find something that you feel can work for you long-term, especially if you have a lot to lose.

Stay strong and determined.
  • tvlagt
    tvlagt Posts: 6
    Options
    I agree, use the settings the web site suggests and if that doesn't seem obtainable to you or too difficult say you want to lose 0.5 lbs a week. We would all love to say I want to lose 2 lbs but that may be too much to begin. You can always tweek your settings at any time.

I would also suggest taking your measurements and writting them down. The scale may not always be the best indicator of success. The drop in measurements are part of your success too. The number on the scale is just the easiest to see and measure.

Good Luck!
  • spring4ward
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your quick response. I was worried my calories were to low(1200), but checked my goals as suggested and it was set right. This is my first week and want to start right and I will keep moving forward. Thanks again for your support. :)