Need To Putup Some weight...please suggest me

Options
hello,
i need to putup some weight.....i need to know what i should eat and i shldnt..how many times in a week should i do my workouts...please suggest me..thx in advance..

Replies

• firasatahmed
    firasatahmed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello,
    i need to putup some weight.....i need to know what i should eat and i shldnt..how many times in a week should i do my workouts...please suggest me..thx in advance..
  • k9powerlifter
    Options
    If you haven't been to a gym as of yet keep short and simple. A good three day a week breakdown would go like this:

Monday: Chest/Tri's/stomach (30 minutes cardio) - Do no less than2/3 execises per body part 3/4 sets 6/10 reps with a weight you can manage.

Wednesday: Legs/stomach (30 minutes cardio)

Friday: Back/Bi's/Shoulders/stomach (30 minutes cardio)

Do some outdoor cardio one day during the weekend. Hiking, running, biking, whatever you enjoy.

As you improve up the ante with the weights and speed of your cardio (you can even go longer with the cardio if you wish).
  • bldntz1856
    bldntz1856 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Remember the most important thing to remember is not how much weight you lift. Heavy weights are in direct relation to your own physical maximum effort. Your weights that you will use will be different from everyone else in the gym. Focus on individual goals not what everyone else can do.

Having said that, if you are just beginning I would suggest you start with full body workouts three times a week. M-W-F. 2-3 exercises per body part, staying focused on free weight movements. One book that I invested in when I first started was written by Bill Pearl. Not sure about the name, but it offered many insights.

Keep your protein intake to 1 gram to 1.5 grams per pound of lean body mass. Make sure to have protein shakes immediately after you workout with water. I prefer Whey protein shakes which are fairly inexpensive. 20$ a tub.

If you want some more help, I have worked with several of my friends wanting to get started with lifting for the first time. Just ask anytime.

At 24 you have plenty of time to build up strenght, it takes years to build up to being as strong as you want.

Good luck!