I AM NOT LOSING WEIGHT UGHHHHH

Options
I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT AND EATING PRETTY GOOD FOR THE LAST WEEK AND NOT A SINGLE POUND DROPPED ! WTF
MUSCLE MASS SHMUSSLE MAASS I AM SOOOOO FRUSTRATED

Replies

• new_view
    new_view Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So I just posted a frustrated post for the same reason. Then I decided to step on and off the scale 4 times. I found out it is completely crazy because it went up and down by 4 lbs pretty much every time haha. So perhaps instead of weighing you and I need to get use to measuring instead.
  • sneakers71
    sneakers71 Posts: 106
    Options
    I have the same problem, but looking back over my food diary I am not eating as good as i need to be. try re-examining your foods.
    It is frustrating when you work so hard and don't see any change, but hang in there!
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    I'm frustrated also. The only time I can weigh myself is when I'm at the gym (middle of the day) so I can't get accurate readings (possibly buying a scale this weekend if I have the money). But I have completely changed my diet and exercise anywhere from 4-6 days a week.
  • TuDominicano
    TuDominicano Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Try upping your cardio, burning more calories than what your consuming.
  • tdolphin1
    tdolphin1 Posts: 26
    Options
    must be the day for these posts...I posted one too. Said I gained 2 lbs since yesterday (weighed right when I got up)...then I weighted myself again a little while ago (about the time I did yesterday) and am actually down. It's SO frustrating since I've been busting my butt at the gym....not noticing any change in the way my clothes fit either. But I'm not giving up....I will get to where I want to be even if it takes me forever...lol Hoping not that long though...lol Don't give up...keep going, it will come off!!!!
  • leigh8210
    leigh8210 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    One thing to remember... Its takes a woman 6 weeks to get use to a workout routine and start loosing weight. It sucks I know!! My husband and go pee and loose 3 pounds. Me.. Ill pee and gain weight! Just keep your head up and know that if you stick to it, it will happen!! :)
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's frustrating, I know it first hand. You just have to remember this is not a race. You want the weight to come off, I understand that (so do I, SO SO bad). Try reminding yourself that this isn't a destination thing, it's a forever thing. To maintain your weight, you will also be working out and eating right - so it doesn't matter WHEN the weight comes off, just that it DOES come off. A week is great, but when you think about forever, this is just the beginning. So, keep up the GREAT work, and it WILL come off. Just don't give up, and you will see results :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT AND EATING PRETTY GOOD FOR THE LAST WEEK AND NOT A SINGLE POUND DROPPED ! WTF

OPEN YOUR FOOD DIARY- NO ONE CAN TELL WHAT IF ANYTHING IS HOLDING YOU BACK UNLESS WE CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE EATING/BURNING.

Also- 1 week won't have you lose much of anything. 1, maybe 2lbs tops. Chillax. You got a long way to go- and it will be longer if you mega freak every time you go 1 week without a loss.
  • elifefull
    elifefull Posts: 46
    Options
    It will happen, no stress.
  • tiffanygarrett
    Options
    what cardio do you suggest...how much how long..what works best?
    Thank you for any tips.
  • simplyblessed89
    Options
    CARDIO - up your workout with cardiovascular exercise by 15 minutes more than you're doing. It takes time for your body to adjust to a regimen, especially if you are doing weight training, because some can be fluid retention. DON'T GIVE UP!

Journal everything you eat today and see if there's more going in your mouth than you thought there was, and up your cardio.

Hope that helps. Don't get discouraged!
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! Keep at it. We will get there :flowerforyou:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

OPEN YOUR FOOD DIARY- NO ONE CAN TELL WHAT IF ANYTHING IS HOLDING YOU BACK UNLESS WE CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE EATING/BURNING.

Also- 1 week won't have you lose much of anything. 1, maybe 2lbs tops. Chillax. You got a long way to go- and it will be longer if you mega freak every time you go 1 week without a loss.

^^What she said. :smile:
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    right there with you!:mad:
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i know it sucks but 1 week is nothing. it takes 6 weeks to see results and believe me, i have the same problem. ive been doing this for a year and lost a total of 8 pds..just gained back 3. i work out an dtry to eat ok and ive been stuck at the same weight and loosing nothing for months and months
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

If all you are trying to lose is one 1 lb then you have a right to be frustrated, but if you have a goal over 5 then you need to really understand that the weight wasnt gained in a week, and it is WAY harder to lose than gain. It took me 1 year to lose 30 lbs. you really need to stay focused and patient. It will NEVER be a quick fix.

good luck and keep motivated!
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I would comment with a suggestion, but your diary is not visible to non-friends. I'll add you and see what's going on.
  • simplyblessed89
    Options
    what cardio do you suggest...how much how long..what works best?
    Thank you for any tips.

tiffanygarrett - Outside, try running/jogging for 30 minutes. Walk for an hour. Jump rope for 20 minutes. Cleaning the house counts as cardio if you are vacuuming, scrubbing floors, etc.! DVDs are great too, especially during crappy weather/winter time - I would suggest any of Jillian Michaels's workouts because she incorporates cardio with strength training for maximum fat burning. Denise Austin is for beginners and she's a very positive trainer.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    One thing to remember... Its takes a woman 6 weeks to get use to a workout routine and start loosing weight. It sucks I know!! My husband and go pee and loose 3 pounds. Me.. Ill pee and gain weight! Just keep your head up and know that if you stick to it, it will happen!! :)

Don't you want to change up your routine after that long so your body doesn't get used to it.

On Topic: I have been having issues since the beginning(Oct 24th). I have 2 months where I lost 1/2 pound and 2 months where I lost 2 1/2 pounds. I have Feb-March where I lost 6 1/2 pounds all b/c I changed gyms. I'm at 12lbs in just under 6 months where at lot of people have lost that in ONE month or a FEW weeks. Maybe its b/c I could only stand to lose about 40lbs, maybe its b/c I only really have belly fat (everywhere else you can barely pinch fat), maybe its type 1 diabetic. Who knows I just figure slow and steady and at my year on MFP I should be down 40lbs. The slower you lose the less chance of having excess skin hanging to tighten up.

I have done everything from changing my goals, workout routine, zig zag calories, cheat day, extra healthy. Just keep trucking along. It takes longer to lose if you have a small amount ~50lbs or less.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My husband and go pee and loose 3 pounds. Me.. Ill pee and gain weight! Just keep your head up and know that if you stick to it, it will happen!! :)

Thank god! thought it was just me who put on weight post pee!!!