Second Day on MFP

Options
Hi,

This is only the second day that I have been on this site. I'm glad I found it!

I've been overweight most of my life (I think there was a time when I was 5 that I was a "normal" weight). I'm in my late 40's and have two young kids. I need to lose at least 130 lbs to be at a healthy weight. That number seems impossible to me. I'm glad to see people here who have lost large amounts of weight - thanks for sharing your stories and photos.

I've never really shared much about my weight problems with people I know, because I'm so embarrassed. It's kind of like, if I pretend I'm not fat, no one else will notice. I also "pretend" not to be fat. For instance, I have a lot of joint pain and foot pain. Sometimes when I get up after sitting for a while, it hurts a lot to start walking. So, I just try to walk like everything is fine. Even if I'm in a lot of pain. I know I'm not fooling anyone.

I'm tired of avoiding having my picture taken. And when I actually do get caught on camera, hating (HATING) what I see.

Most of all, I've been so fortunate to have been born healthy. Despite all my destructive behavior, my body has done some amazing healing, produced beautiful babies, and gets me around pretty well. I want to start being a better steward of what God has given me.

Thanks for being here!

Replies

• oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    Awsome mentality...Good Luck on your journey. We're all here for support to help along the way :happy:
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you in your goals. As long as you stick with it and keep that mind set I know you'll go far!!
  • irishbelle345
    Options
    i hear ya!! my foot is crazy by the end of the day i am in pain and can barely walk. or if i do walk alot during the dat, clean my house, cook or bake where im on my feet for a long period of time, once i sit back down and get up again i am hobbeling around. its terrible. I am the biggest member of my family always have been, the rest of my family is very very thin so its tough for me. which is why im living through the pain to loose weight. i refuse to go to the doctor until i loose weight and see if this foot thing is still going on. feel free to add me and good luck