Observations of a 3 Year Old

Options
I was working out to a fitness dvd this morning and was pretty out of breath when my 3 year old daughter gave me this really worried look and said "Mommy if you're tired you better get a drink of your water." She must have thought I was getting ready to croak!! :laugh: Then we were watching Sesame Street & they were talking about Yoga and she said "oh mommy I want some of my squeezable yogurt!" I think she was just a little confused there. . .mommy doesn't do yoga!! :tongue: (Mommy is too uncoordinated!)

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 4 and she is obsessed with my under arm flab... I know it grosses her out. the exercise video I was doing this morning, Bob Harper talks about "those little flappy things on the back of your arms"... lol. She was asking why I have those. It's really hard to explain that you are fat without portraying a negative body image. those kids... they say the darndest things
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    My daughter is 4 and she is obsessed with my under arm flab... I know it grosses her out. the exercise video I was doing this morning, Bob Harper talks about "those little flappy things on the back of your arms"... lol. She was asking why I have those. It's really hard to explain that you are fat without portraying a negative body image. those kids... they say the darndest things

Oh I know what you mean. . .I was working out one morning & feeling pretty good about myself until my daughter said "Oooooh mommy you have a big belly" My belly is the part of my body I am the most insecure about but she said it with such awe & admiration that all I could do was laugh. . .and work out a little harder. . lol
  • crissa71
    crissa71 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

My son is 18 and still likes to "play" with my arm fat (I think just to annoy me)....but the great thing is it only motivates me to work harder! ONE DAY THAT ARM FLAB WILL BE GONE!!
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    lol my son is 5 and he always says mommy your belly is soooo squishy... Then he goes on to ask me "Momy why is your belly so squichy, then he says oh i know its because me and my brother was in your belly. These kids are too dang smart.