17 Day Diet

Options
Hi Everyone,

I saw something briefly about this diet and it sounds interesting, especially since I've been diagnosed with an abnormal metabolism. Has anyone heard anything about it or tried it?

Sounds like you follow each phase for 17 days to kick start your metabolism.

I'd appreciate any comments or to hear from anyone who has tried it.

Thanks!

Replies

• bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My sister was telling me about it a few days ago and now I am seeing it EVERYWHERE!

I am interested in hearing some feedback as well!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    So, I'm not a huge fan of any plan that calls itself a "diet" in those terms, which is different than saying something like "my diet consists of a lot of veggies".

When the term diet is in the context of a temporary eating habit to help reduce weight, then I have a problem with it.

That said, I've looked over the 17 day diet plan, and as far as diet plans go, it's probably better than most. At least the doctor who created it allows for larger calorie amounts as you progress and encourages exercise during the plan, that's a good thing. On the down side, my main reason for not liking diets is because they foster a change in thinking that is temporary. What I love about MFP is that as you progress, you can reduce your deficit and continue, but never think of it as a diet. It's just eating the same food types and nutrition, with different amounts of calories, so as you lose the fat, you increase the calories but don't really change the types of food you eat. This way, as you approach maintenance, all you're doing is gradually easing your self into the eating habits you'll need for the rest of your life. In other words, there's no stopping point, no real transition needed, just a relatively smooth change from (for instance) a beginning of maybe a 1000 calorie deficit per day, down to 750 as you lose fat, then 500, then 250 and finally maintenance calories, without ever really changing the types of food you need to eat. This way is a far more natural progression to me and makes the lifestyle and nutrition changes far more doable IMHO.
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Read up on zig zagging that might help with your metabolism. :0)
    There are discussions on here talking about zig zagging and how it has ramped up weight loss.

:smile:

Good luck!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I first heard about it on dr. phil. at that time you could only order it from the website. Is it available in stores now, or Amazon?
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    bump
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    Nik, never heard anything about zigzagging. I'll have to look it up.

Thanks!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    So, I'm not a huge fan of any plan that calls itself a "diet" in those terms, which is different than saying something like "my diet consists of a lot of veggies".

When the term diet is in the context of a temporary eating habit to help reduce weight, then I have a problem with it.

That said, I've looked over the 17 day diet plan, and as far as diet plans go, it's probably better than most. At least the doctor who created it allows for larger calorie amounts as you progress and encourages exercise during the plan, that's a good thing. On the down side, my main reason for not liking diets is because they foster a change in thinking that is temporary. What I love about MFP is that as you progress, you can reduce your deficit and continue, but never think of it as a diet. It's just eating the same food types and nutrition, with different amounts of calories, so as you lose the fat, you increase the calories but don't really change the types of food you eat. This way, as you approach maintenance, all you're doing is gradually easing your self into the eating habits you'll need for the rest of your life. In other words, there's no stopping point, no real transition needed, just a relatively smooth change from (for instance) a beginning of maybe a 1000 calorie deficit per day, down to 750 as you lose fat, then 500, then 250 and finally maintenance calories, without ever really changing the types of food you need to eat. This way is a far more natural progression to me and makes the lifestyle and nutrition changes far more doable IMHO.

Well said, as always. :wink: