Heart rate monitor/Calorie burner

Options
I am looking for a Heart rate monitor /Calorie burner. Something I can wear on my wrist while I am working out and for daily activity.Any suggestions ? what are you using ?.

Replies

• tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    bump
  • skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the Timex HRM's. THe newer ones do not work with the cardio machines. I do not trust the calories burned.

I am on the fence over a Garmin or Polar.
  • tdolphin1
    tdolphin1 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm using the New Balance HRT Fit. Got it last week at Target...so far I love it, have had no problems with it at all and it wasn't that expensive either. It has the calorie counter too, plus a stop watch. Which works great for me since I use the time on the HRM part for my cardio then time myself when I do strength since I usually lose track of the time...lol
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just got a polar brand one yesterday. It's a strap and a watch but the strap goes under your chest and no one can tell it's there. I used it last night and this morning at the gym. I LOVE IT! It sinced up with the gym equipment right away and at the end it tells you your average heart rate and how many calories you burned. Obviously I have the girl version but everything I read said use POLAR brand.
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Polar are the best!! I have an FT4 with a chest strap and I love it!!
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT4! I did a week or two worth of research on a ton of them and this is the best beginner one to use! I got mine for 70ish dollars, b/c you can find them on sale.. *down from 100+* Check'em out!
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Im wondering where i can find the same thing. i downloaded an app on my smart phone for free thats suppose to work but i havent tried it yet because i dont know how to wear my phone on my arm lol
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My Polar FT4 (with chest strap) is my new best friend!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Polar F6 :)
  • Lushcious
    Lushcious Posts: 20
    Options
    I just bought a cheap one from walmart.It has chest strap also.It seems to be quite accurate.I think it was around $45.00-$50.00
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Just got a Garmin forerunner 405 with the ant and HR strap. I am planning on using it for the first time over the next few days.

Anyone have any experience with this one?
  • patrick1daugherty
    Options
    im using the sport-line...its at most retail stores like ****s sporting goods...runs about $70..the most important thing i think you should make sure you get with which ever brand or model you choose...is get a chest strap.Now you can go blow up to $300 on one, but i am completely satisfied with mine.

my heart rate monitor has been extremely !!!! helpful...it really helps to customize your workouts and exercise and gives you such an accurate account of your HR and how many calories your burning. this HR monitor has four settings, User Defined (everyday activities), fat burn mode; really is a wonderful setting, maximizes your workouts to burn more fat. aerobic; set to increase your aerobic endurance. and healthy; i use this setting during weight lifting...its more low impact but yet you still feel the burn =).

i hope all this helps, good luck and KEEP AT IT!!

MFP-PD
  • CarolineVL
    Options
    I have a New Balance (purchased at Target). It has a chest strap, but I hardly notice it anymore! Seems to be very accurate and I have had no problems with it. So happy that I bought it!
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and I love it. It comes with a chest strap that's comfortable and not even noticeable. I bought it for roughly $100. Whatever you decide, make sure you get one with a chest strap. Those seem to be more accurate based on reviews I've read.