Tom venuto's 10 foods that burn fat and 10 that turn to fat

Options
Newfiedan
Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
here is tom venutos top 10 foods that burn fat, the man is honest and in my opinion brilliant when it comes to simple fat loss, to shed weight keep it simple to make profit complicate it, this is the way of fad diets that lead to failure:

1) oatmeal the less processed the better
2) yams or sweet potato
3) potatoes (not the loaded ones with bacon bits and sour cream lol)
4) brown rice
5) 100% whole wheat/whole grain products (make sure you read the labels there are imposters out there)
6) green fibrous veggies (my fav)
7) fresh fruit
8) skim milk or non dairy products (not the processed junk)
9) Chicken/turkey breast
10) egg whites

10 foods that turn to fat:

1) ice cream
2) fried foods (if its frying you are dying)
3) donuts & pastries
4) white sugar, candy, and sweets
5) soda (yes even the diet stuff)
6) fruit drinks (same as soda no better)
7) bacon & sausage
8) white bread
9) potato chips, nachos, and corn chips.
10) hot dogs & fast food burgers.

Replies

• concealedpearl
    Options
    "if its frying you are dying" True say...
    I'm glad I'm not a fan of the 10 foods that turn to fat...well maybe before i started this healthy life style :)
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!! Great Post :smile:
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Someone has been reading Burn the Fat huh? I figured what I am doing is working now but when I start plateauing, I'll start zig zagging.
  • rore1
    rore1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    great post!!!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Love Tom Venuto. He writes in a way everyone can understand. He gets out great info in his e-mails and on FB too.
  • buttercup62999
    buttercup62999 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Interesting, maybe I need to start on the oatmeal for breakfast habit again!
  • ibliss
    ibliss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with it all.... except.... poultry sausage? I guess that would be one of my downfalls.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My problem here is the white sugar. Love that stuff in my coffee. So I've cut down on my coffee.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Mmmm I'll take one of each from the "bad" foods list please.:laugh: I guess that would explain how I got here.

Great article, though. Good to know i'm on the right track because I'm now making choices from the good list. Thanks for sharing!
  • RMinVA
    Options
    My problem here is the white sugar. Love that stuff in my coffee. So I've cut down on my coffee.

Often times the "food" itself is not the issue, it's what people put on it/do to it. Black coffee, or with a splash of skim milk, is fine. Oatmeal is great, but not the processed instant kind. Or you can kill an otherwise bowl of healthy oatmeal or a baked sweet potato with too much butter and sugar.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    switch to organic honey, same sweetness but none of the bad effects.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info:)
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    There's my problem right there, I had the lists backwards!
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    There's my problem right there, I had the lists backwards!
    lol, its up to us how to find our own way, I know there are those whom eat some of the crap on the 10 list of foods that turn to fat but its all about how dedicated and how far you want to take it. I want maximum fat loss so I aim to avoid all the foods that slow me down on that goal.
  • missnikkiee
    missnikkiee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's so hard because I am Chinese and I grew up eating Jasmine white rice so I think one thing I cannot give up is that - I'll work it off if I need to =P
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Oh boy, guess I better give up my diet coke :(
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Damn, diet coke too? Geez, there must be 9000 reasons not to drink the stuff. So why do I still do it? Think how much money I'd save on my grocery bill if I quit buying soda and juice. I'm assuming that v8 juice falls in that catagory as well. Juice is juice, right? Nuts! Ok..I'm going to do better!
  • RMinVA
    Options
    Damn, diet coke too? Geez, there must be 9000 reasons not to drink the stuff. So why do I still do it? Think how much money I'd save on my grocery bill if I quit buying soda and juice. I'm assuming that v8 juice falls in that catagory as well. Juice is juice, right? Nuts! Ok..I'm going to do better!

Once in a blue moon I'll have a diet soda, but I pretty much gave them up over 25 years ago and haven't looked back: one of the easiest things I ever did. My now hubby has even given them up too. I quit buying them for him a few years ago, but he would still order a diet soda when we went out. Now he usually gets iced tea.
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What about sugar-free tea like Crystal Light? Is that as bad as soda?