spinning around and out of control

Options
bynsky
bynsky Posts: 15,837 Member
So, I'm getting really irritated lately. My wedding ring spins around on my finger, and my watch spins around on my wrist. The watch is no big deal, I really need a new one (this one is 11 years old) but the ring is becoming a nuisance. I'm willing to get it resized, but I only want to do that once. Plus, part of me is worried that when I resize it the inscription will be damaged even more than it already is. The "o" in my husband's name already got filled in when they attached the wedding ring to my engagement ring.

In the meantime, I'm just putting up with getting jabbed in between my fingers from the prongs on the stone...

Anyone else ever have this issue? Is there another way around it? Should I just have it done now, or wait to see if I lose more weight?

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Maybe wait, try using those things that wrap around the ring to make it fit better?
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    You can always do the high school girl's trick of putting a bunch of tape on the bottom of the ring. I have seen little rubber tubes that you can put on the ring as well. My wife has tried those and didn't care for them I believe. Check out the jewelry department in walmart.

Both of my rings are lose as well. The one I wear on my right hand as some stones in the top, so I likes to flip around as well. I usually just end up taking it off when I'm typing a lot as it annoys me.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Try a ring snuggie. That's what I use for my rings.

http://www.amazon.com/Ring-Snuggies-ORIGINAL-RING-ADJUSTERS/dp/B0014DGXU8
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with my rings, and my Wedding ring was hand made to fit against my engagement ring in a very unusual shape and is also hand engraved with an inscription on the inside, so the idea of having it made smaller worries me. I have cut a piece of really tiny plastic tube and use it as a sort of resizer at the moment, but I am worried I will lose it at this rate. :o(

Plus my ring was blessed before it was put on my by my Husband, and I don't want to take it off :o(
  • Missjenn98
    Options
    What about wearing it around a chain on your neck until you have it re-sized? idk-just an idea (I'm not married so not sure if it being on the finger is really important or not).
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Whine, whine, whine...

:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I am definitely not the authority on this but I know they make a ring guard that attach to the bottom inside of the ring and adds an extra layer of thickness to the ring, slightly adjustable and make a big ring fit a smaller finger..

This may be a good stop gap measure until you are done losing weight and can get a true fit when you resize it.

http://www.ring-size-adjuster.com/index.php/purchase-ring-size-adjusters
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I am thinking mini hoola-hoops.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    when I was pregnant & swollen enough that my ring didn't fit, my hubby let me wear his wedding ring so I wouldn't go crazy.

Sounds like you didn't have far to go..:tongue:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Don't wear mine. Finally got my wife's name tatooed on my ring finger. Gave her my ring. She put it in the safe. I hate wearing jewelry. I only wear a watch cuz I like to be able to tell time.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Go to your favorite local jeweler and ask them for a ring guard. I think they're only $10-$15 and are spring loaded so they keep the ring snug on your finger. I had one for my promise ring and it worked great.

I'm going to have to go get this taken care of myself pretty soon. My wedding ring isn't quite to the point of spinning yet but it's getting there.