Anyone here doing c25k or that has done it

Options
It's kind of embarrasing but I'm just gonna ask.

did anyone have trouble doing week 1?
i can't seem to do the whole 20 minutes.:blushing:

I'm not giving up though.
:smile:

Replies

• kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5. It was a struggle each week but you just keep going. Slow the pace down and you will get through it. I have a 20 minute run with no break this week that I am nervous about but going to do!
  • missbrandyp
    missbrandyp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the C10K right now. (Yesterday was day 2 of week 1)
    What does week 1 look like for the C25K? Possibly start with one of the shorter versions first as a stepping stone to get to the 25K?!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time with week one, but just started week two and it felt...wait for it...EASIER! Seems like a great program. You can do it :)
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My mom and I had trouble with week 1 so we repeated it. We are on week 2 now and so far so good. Only 1 day left of week 2 and I am pretty sure we are just going to go ahead with week 3. It is tough every single week, but you will notice that you gain some endurance.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5...tomorrow might is day 3 and I have to jog for 20 minutes and I am mentally convincing myself I CAN DO IT...our brains are stopping us, not our body!!!! Keep pushing and you will be able to get thru it!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I definitely struggled with week 1!!! I was highly inactive before starting it, and it really made me realize how out of shape I was! But each week has gotten easier and easier. It will for you too!
  • SimonsGirl
    Options
    It's good to know i'm not the only one struggling!:smile:
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time with week one, but just started week two and it felt...wait for it...EASIER! Seems like a great program. You can do it :)

AGREE...each 3rd day felt so hard, but when I for to the next week...it was EASIER
  • KeikoAnne79
    Options
    I am on w2d2 tomorrow. The first week was a struggle and the w2d1 was also no cake walk. There were a couple intervals for w2d1 that I wasn't able to completely finish but I stuck with it and didn't quit. I committed to completing that day's run even if that meant that I couldn't run all the intervals. Because of that I felt like I was still successful because bottom line is I exercised that day versus just sitting on the couch. I have also heard of other folks that struggle with a certain week to run the week again to help build up endurance and strength. There's no rule that you can't repeat a week if you felt like you struggled with it. Don't feel like you have to rush through it if your body isn't ready to move to the next week.
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 6 Day 2 and love it. It has gotten much easier! I even did the straight 20 minutes when at the beginning it was hard to jog the 90 seconds. I work at at 4 to 4.5 pace. It does get easier!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K almost a year ago, and I remember having difficulty with weeks 1 and 6 especially. The hard thing about week 1 is that you're just figuring things out; I started trying to do my runs at 6 mph, which turned out to be faster than I could manage, so after reading some advice on MFP, I bumped my speed down to 4.5, and had a MUCH easier time with finishing, though it was still quite an effort.
    I think you should keep your focus on simply finishing the workouts; you can work on your speed toward the end of the program and after the program is over. Also, though I think you should definitely push yourself, certain weeks advance you too quickly (like weeks 5-7). There's no shame in repeating weeks or workouts! I think I spent almost a month on week 6!

Just keep at it...it'll come.
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Also, I don't move on until I'm confident with how I finish each session. :)
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've completed C25K and I know it can be challenging at times even daunting to think about what the next work out will be, but just keep going. If you really have trouble with a particular week repeat it, and it will get easier as you go along. Before you know it you will look back at prior weeks and think how easy those would be to do. I now can run an hour straight, but it was difficult for me to even run the 3 minutes when I started. Keep think positive thoughts and you’ll get through it!
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I finished week 2 yesterday :) I looked ahead at week three and I'm nervous about the 3minute run!!!! But I will just push myself!! Keep up the good work chickie!!
  • SimonsGirl
    Options
    Thanks guys I feel so much better!

:flowerforyou:
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I struggled at first but I kept plugging away and now I'm wrapping up W6 today. From here on out it's nothing but running. If you asked me 6 weeks ago if I could do it I would've said no. But here I am doing it. It really works, you just have to keep pushing. If you can't complete a day redo it until you can.

Good luck!