Slave to the Scale!!

Options
Hello friends and HAPPY THURSDAY!! :) I hope the sun is shining wherever you are!! :)
So, I find myself, after giving SUCH MOTIVTIONAL speeches to others....STILL a slave to the scale each morning....and guess what, it hasn't MOVED in a few weeks, which leaves me frustrated.

Now I KNOW that the number on the scale isn't the only judge on overall 'fitness' and weight loss, ect...because I am working out, and building muscle.

But HOW FRUSTRATING is it, to see the same number, day after day after day after day..... :)

So, basically I just had to VENT this little frustration of mine......thanks for reading....and here's to hoping my numbers go down soon. :)

Have a fab day!! Toodles!

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Try reading through the blog post in my signature. It might help you bust your plateau, it's how i recently busted my own.
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That sounds just like me!!!!! I have no advice, just wanted to commiserate. :grumble:
  • crystal10584
    Options
    if i were as pretty as you, the scale wouldn't matter to me!
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    Girl do measurements!

As well as....GET RID OF THAT SCALE! Use the scale only at the gym...ONCE a WEEK. I find it so much easier...
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I actually had to fast from my scale. I hid it in mid-March and I'm not letting myself weigh in until my birthday which is the end of April. Just today someone at the gym told me that they thought in the last month I must have lost a bunch of weight because my body looked trimmer. It was very tempting to weigh in but I'm going to wait like I said...but that gives me hope. Sometimes we need to stop letting the scale have so much power. Good luck in your journey!
  • kosh02
    kosh02 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are right not to use the scale but I myself am addicted to it each and every morning.
  • MissDwood
    MissDwood Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My scale is currently at the top of my closet. When I had it in my bathroom it was too tempting to look at it and not weigh myself lol.. I try to just weigh in once a week!
  • kmart20
    kmart20 Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm in the same vote and its been going on 2 months the scale hasn't moved. But I can tell my clothes are fitting better. I think I'm going to hide my scale, like some of the other people suggested. It gets to frustrating otherwise.
  • sarahmarr31
    Options
    Since I've started my weight loss (6 weeks ago), I have noticed I do the same thing with the scale and I NEVER have before. I don't even have a scale at home, but work at a school and find myself going daily or every other day into the nurses office to weigh myself.

What are ya'lls suggestions on how often is 'ideal' to weight?? Once a week, every two weeks, etc????
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    UPDATE::
    My scale is now GONE! :) I had my husband hid it on me, and I have NO DESIRE to go searching for it! I'm going to keep eating right/exercising for the next few weeks, and weigh myself at the end of the month!! :) Thanks for the advice everyone!! :)