My first week...lost 3.6 pounds

Options
Hello everyone!! I am excited to be losing this weight with MFP..I was at weight watchers and was yo-yoing with the scale. I told the leader that there is no way you can eat unlimited fruits and veggies without an issue and to prove it I tracked my calories on here for the week and compared it to the Weight Watchers points. I lost 3.6 this week and it is all to tracking on here. This is sooo easy for me and I have the app on my IPAD and also can pull this up at work. I am amazed that this tool is free to everyone! I am a mom of 5 children and have a wonderful husband who loves to eat and does not gain an oz. I work as an ER nurse 3 twelve hour shifts a week which tend to add a lot of stress to my life. I love to travel and bike and recently joined LA Fitness and am comitted to going 4 times a week and make sure my heart rate is elevated with my workout and I am not just putting in time there. I am pleased with the inches that are coming off as well. I wish everyone much success in their journey and cannot wait until I reach my goal and maintain!!

Replies

• StormyNoriega
    Options
    Awesome! =)
  • crystal10584
    Options
    Honestly, I think their points plus system is a joke. Their original version was just fine.
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Great!! Thanks good luck to you as well =)
  • rklein88
    rklein88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i agree. you may be able to eat (somewhat) unlimited veggies, but no way this would work for fruit. MFP is so much better/easier :)

CONGRATS!! i love this site too, glad you do!
  • obradovichm
    Options
    Glad to hear you're seeing results and are feeling motivated. The most important thing I find is that you be proud of the results you've accomplished and stay on your motivational high.

The biggest setback for me is that I tend to crumble a little bit when I stop seeing the "results" after it plateaus or when you lose your water weight and get discouraged. The thing you have to tell yourself is that you bank on the positives and remember what you HAVE accomplished and what you will continue to accomplish. It gets harder to lose weight as you go, but if you keep at it and stay optimistic, that weight WILL come off.

I look to people like you as an inspiration anytime I tell myself I "don't have time" to make dinner or go to the gym, because I am a single guy with a full-time job and I live alone. If you can be a mother to children and work a stressful job on top of it, still finding time, I have no excuses!

Proud of you! Keep it up!