Please help

Options
I am kind of new to weight loss, and I've lost 21lbs, I eat like 1000 cal a day and I am a stay at home mom, but an active one. If I am not that active for the day, I excersize at night, I can't cut my cal anymore! Or else it would drive me crazy, I weigh 206 right now! Please help I need to jump start my weight loss again, it was going so good until it STOPPED! LOL

Thanks

Replies

• Cassiet
    Cassiet Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am kind of new to weight loss, and I've lost 21lbs, I eat like 1000 cal a day and I am a stay at home mom, but an active one. If I am not that active for the day, I excersize at night, I can't cut my cal anymore! Or else it would drive me crazy, I weigh 206 right now! Please help I need to jump start my weight loss again, it was going so good until it STOPPED! LOL

Thanks
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    You cannot maintain weight loss with so few calories. Your bodily functions will decrease and metabolism will slow in response to the extreme deprivation in order to keep you alive.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

Read all of these threads, especially the first one!

You need to increase your calories to at least 1200. It may result in an initial weight gain, but healthy fat loss will follow that. :flowerforyou:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You're eating too little.

I did the EXACT same thing as you when I first started. Lost it fast and then stayed at the same weight forever. As soon as I actually ate 1,200 to 1,500 calories a day (depends on exercise) the weight started melting off again.
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, increase your calories to at least 1,200. I use to think that was a myth but found that anything less and your body reacts like you are starving.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    you need to eat more!!
  • lnwolfs
    lnwolfs Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also, if you are not already, work in some strength training. When you eat less than the minimum 1200 calories per day required by women to just function, your weight loss is not only fat, but muscle. And, muscle burns more calories than fat does in daily activities. So, if you have caused your body to use up muscle, it will be harder to lose weight in the future.

I have learned this the hard way after 20 years of dieting. I am enjoying getting strong again!!!
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've read a ton of books, articles, have done WW in the past and I know you don't want to hear it, but yes, you need to eat more. Just to maintain that 206 you'd need about 2000 calories a day. So take the 2000, cut it by 250-500, so 1500-1750, use that as your range, eat within those numbers for 2 weeks and I bet you lose some weight!

I know that might sound like too much, but it's not. That 2000 would keep you at 206 sitting on your butt all day! Eat a bit under the 2000, AND exercising, you will see results, and probably feel a lot better!

Good luck!

Angie
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Eat! Track everything on here. Yes, every nibble and eat! Not overeat, but eat your set number of calories. You can do it!!!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Couldn't say it better myself....the collective group knowledge of this site just proves what the weight loss 'experts' say. Follow the advice..it really does work. I feel like I'm eating so much more and enjoying whatever I want ( as long as I stay in calorie range!!!). The exercise is vitally important, just start slow, and counter to what your current diet frame of mind says...eat those calories!

PLEASE DO read the links sent, they are the very :heart: of this life style change.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    You don't have to cut anymore calories.....lucky you, you get to add some!!!
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I know that it is hard to trust the process, but it really works. When you hear people telling you to eat to lose, that doesn't make sense in our minds. It really does work, so give it a shot, and don't give up!

The only thing that I will add is, make sure to also log your exercise. It will help you have a better idea of how many calories you need to eat. Go into the goals section and enter in all your info, it will help MFP to guide you with the correct number of calories each day.

Stay away from sodium, (there is a lot in processed foods, prepared foods, canned soup, etc)
    The sodium will make you hold your water and will make losing weight very frustrating.

Good luck and stay with it!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Hi sweetie, and welcome! :flowerforyou: Only thing I can add is that in here, MFP gives you ALL the tools and resources you need to accomplish your goals! It may sound sorta crazy, at first, to say that you need to eat X amount of calories, PLUS your exercise calories?! HUH? :noway: But if you do use the tools, and log your food intake, and log your exercise calories (btw, get and use a HRM, yes, that's a different discussion, but it helps you be honest with yourself), then you can actually (gasp, shock, surprise) plan on what you are doing thru the day, not just eating, but also exercising! Keep using the tools and resources, and of course, the "we put fun in dysfunctional" family here! Hugz and luvya!
  • Cassiet
    Cassiet Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks I'll try it, I can put the weight on like it's no ones buisness, but taking it off is a little harder, I got so excited I thought that if I reduced more I would lose more! Just the opposite!

Thanks,
    Cassie