What's for dinner tonight?

Options
Not sure what to make. I have ground beef in the fridge that I'd like to cook up.

Replies

• jo_bel
    jo_bel Posts: 16
    Options
    Mashed potatoes always goes well with that. With lashings of gravy.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Leftover chili.
  • c4t2001
    c4t2001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Homemade burger in bun with tons of salad x
  • jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    great question...i cant wait to see some of the great ideas you'll get!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    meatloaf....yummy in my tummy :love:
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    Go to campbellskitchen.com. TONS of yummy recipies. Beef and Pasta is a good one.
  • Angeladobush
    Angeladobush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would brown it up and remove all the fat......then clean out the vegies in the fridge and turn it into a healthy stirfry.......:bigsmile:
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    make tiny meatballs then make wedding soup.....w/ a salad! then invite me over! :tongue:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    My husband makes gyro meat with ground beef. then we put on lettuce, tomato, onion and feta and use tzatziki for dressing.

for somthing easier we make taco salad

tonight I plan to use my ground beef with a can of tomatos and some seasoning as a stuffing for twice baked potatos with some veggie or salad on teh side.
  • khaas14
    khaas14 Posts: 6
    Options
    I had put together a romain & iceberg salad last night. I was planning on eating that with some avacado, onion, tomatoe, carrots, and some ham & turkey then topping it off with olive oil & red wine vinigar.

Kris
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You just gave me my dinner idea.... Taco salad.

Make the hamburger with taco seasoning, add lettuce & tomatoes, a small amount of cheese and top with salsa instead of salad dressing.
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I made taco salads the other day, brown the meat and mix in reduced sodium taco seasoning, put it over lettuce and tomatoes and peppers with a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream and crumble baked tortilla chips on top of it all. Its so good and you can remove/add ingrediants to your taste. My fiancee added salsa to his.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I usually use ground beef for either spaghetti, american chop suey, mexican goulash or chili.

Tonight I'm making Cooking Light's Ancho Pork and Hominy Stew with some slight variations based on what's in my cupboard.
  • Georgie_P
    Georgie_P Posts: 62
    Options
    we are having meatloaf - usign 1/2 ground beef 1/2 ground chicken - then steamed broccoli and califlower mashed

also instead of bread crumbs I use Panko crumbs they are lighter in taste and texture
  • CurlyVonda
    CurlyVonda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We're having oven fried chicken drumsticks, steam fresh veggies and brown rice......green tea. Thanks for the ideas....I think we will have taco salad tomorrow.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    :happy: Idk what's for dinner yet, but you can make spaghetti with marinara sauce and add some ground beef.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I made taco salads the other day, brown the meat and mix in reduced sodium taco seasoning, put it over lettuce and tomatoes and peppers with a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream and crumble baked tortilla chips on top of it all. Its so good and you can remove/add ingrediants to your taste. My fiancee added salsa to his.

I want some now. That sounds so good.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken salad!

I make a regular big salad and toss with blue cheese dressing. I then take some sliced cooked chicken, toss it with a little melted butter and Frank's Red Hot sauce and dump it on top of the salad. It really kills my wing cravings!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    If I had ground beef, I'd totally make tacos.

Tonight we're having grilled pork chops, cauliflower and romaine salad.
  • katlondoncanuck
    Options
    Fry the beef until it is brown and drain off any excess fat. Add in some ginger, salad onions and a small glove of garlic together with some chili, add in a small amount of sherry.

Wrap the beef up in a lettuce leaf and have as a healthy asianish burrito!