Spinach and Artichoke Hummus

Options
SexyCook
SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
I was so curious about this hummus because mostly all my MFP fam somehow have it somewhere on there diary's. So today before I went to the gym to workout I stopped by the store and thought I am going to try it today.. I searched through the various types and saw the Spinach and Artichoke kind. I thought to myself well I like spinach and artichoke dip..possibly can't go wrong with getting that kind... When I got to work later own, i paired it with 8 pieces of the townhouse little flatbreads and was surprise to see that I absolutely love it. It is suppose to be a pretty good snack for the journey I am trying to take..I am one happy camper with my New Snack..Glad to have something to change up with..:happy:

Replies

• pinksoldier
    Options
    hummus is freaking amazing! i had some today too!!!
  • christinehay78
    christinehay78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Never tried the Spinach & Artichoke but it sounds delish!
  • NewMeTomG
    NewMeTomG Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love hummus but didn't realize it was good for a diet. Great news and thanks for sharing!

Will have to look it up to see how it fits in my diet plan. What brand did you purchase out of curiosity?

Thanks!
    Tom
  • treed4
    treed4 Posts: 66
    Options
    I love hummus too! I don't know if you have a Costco where you live, but if you do, they always have some interesting types of hummus that are full of flavor!
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    No I have to make me some hummus. It is really good and if paired with the right bread/crackers it is very filling. I usually do wasa fiber crackers or light and crisp bread.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    just licking the last bits of "supremely spicy humus" off my fingers from my snack of toast and humus

its so good if you like spicy food!
  • kari1740
    kari1740 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love hummus!!! Try the roasted pepper kind, its awesome!!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    hummus is so awesome!! I haven't had any in a while because I made myself sick of it eating it all the time, lol, but it's a great, healthy and tasty food!

I like some of the flavors, but original is my favorite. I'm a bit of a hummus purist that way, lol. I will eat it for breakfast sometimes, lol. :)

Glad you discovered it!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm a hummus addict now. I eat it every day, usually alternate between roasted red pepper and roasted garlic. I've been wanting to try the spinach and artichoke, so that will be my next purchase!
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love hummus!!!] Spinach artichoke is my favorite. I have tried the roasted red peppers and garlic but Spinach is my favorite.
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love hummus but didn't realize it was good for a diet. Great news and thanks for sharing!

Will have to look it up to see how it fits in my diet plan. What brand did you purchase out of curiosity?

Thanks!
    Tom

Walmart brand is Marketside. I tried the Athenos kind also but taste the same in my book.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    FYI - I posted a recipe for "Basic Hummus" last night. Most of the hummus you purchase (and I do love the spinach and artichoke) ranges from 35 to 75 calories (or more) for a couple of tablespoons. I tried this recipe because it's only 62 calories for 1/4 cup (which is 4 tablespoons). It turned out pretty darned good, and once it's gone, I'm going to try a homemade spinach version.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/211070-basic-hummus
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I do a take on "Deviled Eggs"- hard boil eggs, slice in half, remove the yolk, and fill with hummus. Great taste, fiber, protein, yum! And speaking of artichokes, I'll bet steamed artichoke hearts dipped in hummus is pretty good, too!