13lbs Down.....need some encouragement. (pic)

Options
I have been at this for 70 days today. My weight was coming off at 1.5-2 lbs per week for a month and now I struggle to makea full pound. I am 5'3" and I am always looking for new friends for "thinspiration!" Good luck on your journey's this place has been magical for me as I never thought I would lose any weight until now!

DSCF8778-1-1.jpg

Dang it, I can't figure out how to resize and wish there was a "nevermind don't post" button!

Replies

• elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You can tell a difference already! Especially in your face! Great job so far!!! Keep it up!!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    13 pounds is wonderful. Even a half a pound a week is fantastic! Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • skitchlu
    skitchlu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good job! 13 lbs is amazing! My weight loss ticker has said zero pounds lost all month, so be happy for what you have achieved! It'll keep coming off - just keep at it and try not to get discouraged!
  • crystal10584
    Options
    slow and steady wins the race!!! At least when it comes off it'll stay off this way.. Keep up the amazing work!
  • bmorebatman
    bmorebatman Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    the pic is too big, i can't see your "now"
    but i'm in a similar situation right now, feel your pain. im just trying to keep doing what makes me feel healthy and strong, hopefully it will break :ohwell:
    friend me and we can encourage thru the plateaus
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi there ! We are the same height and have the same weight loss goal. Add me as a friend. I have been at it since November 2010....I have lost 40 lbs and have 12 lbs to go. Never give up....the weight will come off...pound by poud it will add up and in a few months from now you will be so happy that you did not stop. Some weeks you lose, some weeks you gain, some weeks you maintain. The first month I lost 10lbs....and there were months that I had only lost 4.5lbs.... but 5 months later I am no longer overweight. YOU CAN DO IT ! If you need support from someone who was exactly where you were ....I am here for you :)

Cynthia
  • michellehorvath
    michellehorvath Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    the pic is too big, i can't see your "now"

I'm sorry I don't know how to fix this!!
  • Toridactyl
    Toridactyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Looking great, Michelle! You can really tell in your face, shoulders, and mid-section. Just keep going and one day you'll look in the mirror and say 'Wow, I've done it!'
  • hbwarmsocks
    hbwarmsocks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can certainly see a difference! Keep up the good work, I'm sure the scale just needs a little time before it catches up with all your effort.:smile:
  • jessica1118
    jessica1118 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    13 lbs is a great job. Slow and steady is the way to go because it will stay off that way. I added you to help/support you along the way.
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Consider this: if you think 13 pounds isn't much, how would you feel if you GAINED 13 pounds?
  • michellehorvath
    michellehorvath Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Consider this: if you think 13 pounds isn't much, how would you feel if you GAINED 13 pounds?
    Thanks for the new way of thinking!! I would be mortified!!!
  • Smurph241
    Smurph241 Posts: 24
    Options
    Put 13 pounds of Sugar on the supermarket shelf and remember you lost that!! Well done keep up the good work!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle - add me also if you like..I'm 5'3" and we are very close in weight and goals :) I lost almost 20 pounds last year but didn't listen to my dr. and hurt myself (hips locked up)...back to couch potato and welcome back to those 20...now I'm getting back on track and doing boot camp and running. Last month I lost 4 lbs so moving right along.

Pick up 13 pounds and walk around with it a little bit..you will see what a great accomplishment it is to lose it! Good work :)

Lisa
  • CrystalRules
    CrystalRules Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Don't get discouraged, some weeks are just slow. Then, out of nowhere, you start losing again. You look fantastic! I can really tell a difference in your face and middle. Your waist has really become defined. I liked that you wore the same top so that it's easy to compare the before and after. I'm going to have my husband take one of me tomorrow so that I can do the same thing. Thanks for the good idea! :)
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Let's encourage each other! 13lbs IS an accomplishment!
  • steph_e
    steph_e Posts: 8
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far!!! I'm really excited for you! Please don't lose motivation! Losing 1-2lbs a week is phenomenal!!! I am so proud of you!

Stephanie
  • supaflyjoy
    supaflyjoy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference in your face and waste!!!!!!!!! Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!