quick lunch ideas

Options
denisec26
denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
ok so i planned my dinners for the week but now no idea what to make for lunch.

i need it fast cause i have a 1 year old and i dont wanna take an hr to cook it.

so far i have salad with grilled chicken

turkey on whole wheat bread

special k turkey with hummus sandwich..which i dont like all that much

thats it.

Replies

• denisec26
    Options
    ps.

besides chicken or shrimp and small tomoatoes..what can i put on a kabob
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    I make kebabs with meat (chicken, steak, pork and shrimp) and layer it with onions, peppers and zucchini and pop a small tomato on the end.
  • denisec26
    Options
    dang i dont eat any of that besides the meat and tomato
  • beccafertig
    beccafertig Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ps.

besides chicken or shrimp and small tomoatoes..what can i put on a kabob

Oh wow, what CAN'T you put on a "shish"??? Favorites are mushrooms, green peppers, onions, zuccini and summer squash. Delish with some chicken added! I've found that if you want a great tasting glaze, use a jar of the pineapple ice cream sundae topping or some apricot preserves (sugar free if you like). That on a grill is just a little bit of heaven!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Also try fruit like pineapple and peaches on your kebob. They are great grilled!!
    Maybe a Hawaiian chicken with pineapple and a glaze or BBQ sauce?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Tuna, chicken or egg salad with reduced fat mayo or Miracle Whip. You can eat it with whole wheat crackers or celery as a scoop. I also like to put it on romaine lettuce. Add a few tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes and some low fat dressing and voila!

I'll also take a chicken breast, sprinkle some onion and garlic powder on it then microwave it for about 3 minutes. If you like it browned, you can then throw it in a frying pan with a tiny amount of olive oil for a minute or so. Slice it up and put it on a salad or eat it as is with some veggies on the side. Broccoli or yellow squash are good. The squash is also good on kebabs.
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    I like to get the Flat Out breads at the grocery store. They are 100 calories each, have whole grains, and taste really good. I experiment with them.

I have put a smart link (soy link) in them and put some fat free cheese on, wrapped, loosely wrap in a paper towel and microwave it for about 30 seconds. Serve with some strawberry slices or a veggie.

Spread a touch of fat free mayo on, add a few slices of lean deli meat or grilled chicken slices along the middle, add a cup or so of raw , prewashed baby spinach and wrap up. You can't really even taste the spinach, but you're getting good nutrients.

Spread a little natural peanut butter on and put a banana in the middle and wrap it up.

Spread 1/4 c. of spaghetti sauce, add 1 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese, bake for 7 minutes at 350, and you've got really tasty, lower cal pizza.

Possibilities are really endless with those things. They're a staple item for me.
  • funkyfr3sh
    Options
    Lettuce wraps: buy chicken breast that’s precooked, sauté with some onions, carrots, mushrooms with some soy / oyster sauce / siracha and fill the lettuce

Summer rolls: rice paper wraps (find in the ethnic section of the grocery store; low cal and you soak for 20 seconds in water), defrost some precooked shrimp, fill with some lettuce, shredded carrot. Oyster sauce or sweet thai sauce are good for dipping

Veggie burgers (President’s Choice lentil burgers are great) and take about 7-8 minutes to cook in a pan

Warm some store bought soup, throw in some frozen veg have with whole wheat crackers or bread