C-Section Tummy

Options
Hello Everyone,

I'm not over weight , just out of shape! I've been exercising 4 times a week and just recently started watching my calories and I've seen a noticeable difference. I've just dropped another pound this week! But I'm struggling with the scars and damage to my stomach area that won't go away. I had two c-sections and after 3 years, I still have a tire around my tummy! What can I do, (besides surgery), that will remove this tire from my midsection. It's embarrassing and I know I have no self-confidence in a bathing suit because of it.

Anybody have suggestions? Help?

Replies

• JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I don't have suggestions but wanted to tell you you're not alone. I didn't even have c-sections but I've got that yucky jiggly tummy thing going on from having my third baby 10 months ago. Hope someone is able to give you some helpful advice that I can use too :smile:
  • KKButter
    KKButter Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've had three c-sections and would love to know what will help too
  • MrsCanada2006
    MrsCanada2006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem - three C-sections in three years has done considerable damage to my tummy! After I lose more weight, I am seriously considering a tummy tuck.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    depending on the scar inside and out-and how the rectus was split for the Csec depends on how much will go away. lots of abs and cardio- but surgery may be the only thing that really fixes it. Sorry- lost all the baby weight after first two c-sec and still had a little bump in my lower ab. After 3rd baby well that was 21 years and 50 pounds ago.
  • hnp0929
    hnp0929 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm right there with all of you! I need to lose weight but I know my stomach will never be the same. (Unless I get a tummy tuck of course!)
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    There's a yoga pose on my Wii fit that's supposed to help with tummy issues. It's called inverted v. So far I can't even hold the position for the whole 30 seconds but I can definitely feel the burn. I'm hoping it will help.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I had 1 c-section....my cut was one of those low bikini cuts though. What type were yours? My stomach has gone down soooooo much from cardio, cardio, cardio!! Just eat healthy, drink tons of water, watch that sodium, and lots of cardio to burn that fat!
  • smomo
    smomo Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow. It's good to know I'm not alone. I'm considering laser fat removal. It's supposed to be a lot less invasive than a traditional tummy tuck. But the procedure is very new. Has anyone heard of it?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it depends on your genes. My mom had a c section and had terrible loose skin. My cousin just had her 2nd child and 6 weeks later is back in a size 2. Mom worked out with a trainer for years, had very little body fat, rock hard abs but the skin was still there. She ended up having a tummy tuck. Dr told her that she had no elasticity in her skin and no amount of exercise would make it disappear. I hate to tell her but she traded a pouch of skin on her belly for a VERY painful foot long scar!
  • KKButter
    KKButter Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had 1 c-section....my cut was one of those low bikini cuts though. What type were yours? My stomach has gone down soooooo much from cardio, cardio, cardio!! Just eat healthy, drink tons of water, watch that sodium, and lots of cardio to burn that fat!

I had the same has yours the low bikini cuts just two more then you lol :)
  • smomo
    Options
    Mine was cute very low too. And I actually didn't have a tire after the first baby. That second cut did me in! It's crazy how just one more baby can rearrange your whole enitre body!
  • smomo
    Options
    I'm extremely scared of the pain and scarring. Thanks for reminding me! But I'm thinking of doing some type of laser procedure which is supposed to be less invasive and painful...