Shedding for the wedding....me, not the show, but we'll be o

Options
Title supposed to say: "Shedding for the wedding....me, not the show, but we'll be on tv, ahhhhh!!!" LOL

I'm getting married to the love of my life on Sept 10. Heheh, our wedding date is going to be 9/10/11, but the cuteness of the date isn't why we picked it. We are both cyclists, yes, even fat people can be long distance cyclists, and be GOOD at it :D Well, every year we do a charity ride called the MS150, where you ride 100 miles a day for 2 days. Our team has held the title of #1 Fundraiser for our division for the last 6 years. The cool part about having that title is that whomever holds it gets to go first when the ride starts. So, at an event with thousands of cyclists, we get the honor of a head start, right after they fire a real cannon, and we lead the cyclists out for the ride.

We decided that since we met through cycling and it plays such a huge role in our lives, that it would be awesome to get married at the starting line this year. :D We got in touch with all the right people and got approval to do this so there you have it. As if that's not cool enough, get this:

We live in a little town called Wendell. Wendell is home to Lizard Lick Towing and Recovery. If you're a TruTV fan, you probably already know where this is going, but I'll continue for those of you in the dark. Lizard Lick Towing managed to get a spot on a show called All Worked Up, and they had such a big fan following, they were even luckier enough to spawn their own show. It's on every week and covers the hijinks that Ronnie and Bobby get into while repossessing vehicles from crazy people. Ronnie happens to be an ordained minister. We emailed him and asked if he could do our wedding and he said yes, not only could he do it, but did we want his film crew there, did we want to be on tv, and is there anything he can do to help kind of get some publicity to our event?

WHAT?? :D So ya, our wedding will take place at the starting line of a huge charity bike ride, ceremony performed by a local celebrity, aired on TV.......and I've got about a billion pounds to lose. LMAO! In all seriousness, I do have a lofty goal. I'd like to be at 175# by the wedding. I'm a tall girl, and I know that at that weight I'll be rocking out at about a size 8 comfortably. I'll want to continue down to 165# I think, but for the wedding, honestly, I'd be happy to hit 175-180, which is totally attainable. It's less than 2# a week.

Oh ya, and the clothing? LOL I'm wearing a cycling jersey that looks like a wedding gown, he's wearing one that looks like a tux. I'll have a veil and stuff for the ceremony, but we're totally rockin' the cycling wedding clothes and riding off on our white Cannondale tandem (which is kind of a shame, we have matching pink Pinarellos which are all la-tee-dah, but the idea of romanticaly riding away on the tandem is too much to pass up :) )

Wish me luck :D

Replies

• ShiloughCoy
    Options
    Best of luck! Sounds like a great start to the rest of your lives together! Keep us updated.
  • tracylesq
    tracylesq Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm shedding for my wedding too! Or at least, trying to. I'm new here as well, so if you want to help each other along, the motivation and support would be great.

Very cute wedding idea, by the way. Mine is a bit more on the traditional side though. :happy:
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Shredding for my wedding too...28th October 2011
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    you go girl sounds like a winner
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,005 Member
    Options
    WOW that is awesome and what great motivation to lose the weight. You can do it, just stay motivated. Keep logging in your calories. Continue logging into this site. Keep us updated, I would love to see it aired. Let us know when it will be aired
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Best of luck. . .and that is so cool!! You'll definitely have a "one of a kind" wedding! Oh & congrats!!
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! good luck :)
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That is the most amazing wedding ever! Im so happy for you!