Food scales

Options
angp7711
angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
Do you have a food scale that you love that is under $25? Mine just died so I need a new one.

TIA
Ang

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I bought my food scale from wal-mart it was just over $25 ($29.95, I think). The $7 was a POS and called 1 potato the same weight as 3 potatoes.. so....

I'm glad I spent the extra cash and now have a reliable scale that not only measures oz, but also grams!! :smile:
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    I bought one at Target for 15 in the fall. I remember because it was pink & supported Breast Cancer Awareness month. Its reliable & easy to use, can hold up to 15lbs, which is worthwhile because it won't break if someone sets something on it by accident. I recommend going to Target and exploring what they have.
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Got mine from Bed, Bath and Beyond. It was 19.99. I had a coupon worth 20% off. It's really nice. Also try Big Lots.
  • sexystaceylynn5
    Options
    Hi There,

I actually just purchased one myself as my old one broke as well. I found it at Costco Wholesale for $20.00 located near the office supplies. It is a Royal Brand and labeled as a Postal Meter Scale and comes with all the Postal Rates and the packaging suggests using it as a food scale as well. It has a 5lb capacity and is very small and portable. I love it better than my old Cuisinart food scale as it did not have that weight capacity or the added value of a postage meter scale. Hope that helps-good luck!!!
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I got the EatSmart Precision Pro scale from Amazon for exactly $25 with free shipping. It is always a popular choice when people ask about scales on these boards and I highly recommend it. I have had it for for about 3.5 months and am still happy with it.
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    Check Amazon.com. That's where I got mine and I love it. It wasn't very expensive at all.
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    Hi There,

I actually just purchased one myself as my old one broke as well. I found it at Costco Wholesale for $20.00 located near the office supplies. It is a Royal Brand and labeled as a Postal Meter Scale and comes with all the Postal Rates and the packaging suggests using it as a food scale as well. It has a 5lb capacity and is very small and portable. I love it better than my old Cuisinart food scale as it did not have that weight capacity or the added value of a postage meter scale. Hope that helps-good luck!!!

that is the same type of scale I am using in the kitchen now :-) was going to buy an actual kitchen scale but then husband thought about the 5 lb postal scale he bought me a few years ago - it works good. I keep a small plastic bowl nearby and when ready I put that on the scale and then turn it on, that way the weight of the bowl is already factored in and does not interfere with weight of food. I can do grams and ounces and has really come in handy.