Nursing?

Options
Hi,
I'm new to this website - trying to lose the baby weight. I have a six week old and am nursing. I also have a 4-year-old, both boys. Does anyone know if you can add if you're nursing to the settings on this website so it accounts for the extra calories I need?
Thanks!

Replies

• shawnbrewer
    Options
    I am also breastfeeding. When u are only giving the baby breast milk they say 500 more cal when u start giving baby food and breast milk 300 cal but i have no idea how to set it on settings lol
  • soni_me
    soni_me Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There's no place to add it. I looked as I am still nursing, but I just factored in the extra calories, like the previous poster said, to my daily calorie goals.
  • SarahAlt
    SarahAlt Posts: 44
    Options
    Yes, I breastfed both my girls, too. It's just like entering food in your food diary. Go to your food diary and search breastfeeding. And I used two different ones because I nursed and I pumped and it was more convenient for me that way. Good luck! And take it slow!
  • Briana31
    Briana31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to add them for this website. You could always manually up your calories if need be. The AVG sized woman will burn around and Extra 500 calories a day while breastfeeding. And believe me you will want to make sure your consuming enough calories for that. Otherwise your milk supply will go down. I believe you can loose the baby weight and breastfeed at the same time. Just don't go at it too quickly for I fear it could provoke a yo yo effect. I hope this helps you. :happy:
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I went for a while with my settings at 1 lb a week and noticed a decrease in supply. Do a food search for breastfeeding and you can add in the amount that way ( you can check out my diary to understand better :P) Basically on days I'm really active I add 24 oz of "milk" on less active days I add about 16 oz and the weight is dropping really easily. Good luck. Play around with it till you find what works for you
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    yeah. you add breastfeeding to your food log and it subtracts calories.

btw, congrats on being able to do the best thing for your tiny little stinkpot. there are so many women out there who just can't. it's an admirable thing you're doing.
  • littleTheresa
    Options
    I'm new to this site too and I'm nursing my 11 week old daughter. I also have a four-year old girl. I was wondering if there was a way for nursing moms to adjust calorie intake. Congratulations on your new little one!
  • th1nkth1nmama
    Options
    I'm still nursing my 20 month old and I had no idea I could do that! Thanks for the post!!
  • fitandactivemom
    fitandactivemom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! So helpful and very quick - thanks everyone for the replies! I was able to find 'breastfeeding' in the diary. I will continue to play around with it and see how it works. I'm very thankful to be able to nurse my little guy - it is all worth it.
  • soni_me
    soni_me Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, because I didn't know you could add the breastfeeding. Yay!