You have Flintstone's Syndrome.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    (((KristenAnn)))
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I wonder why people say they feel like crap? I would imagine crap feels warm and smooshy -- which if it didn't smell so bad -- would probably feel kinda good -- like sinking into a heated waterbed. Which -- I've done before -- until my 450lb wasband would get in because he almost always flipped me right off the side. It got so that I had to wait till after he got in and got settled before I could go to bed. But that was awful too because then it was like a darn slide and I would slide into the middle of the bed where I was squished into him - and i'd have to grab the edge of the bed and try to climb out and hook a leg on the edge to sleep which was awful because I hate having my leg or arm hang over the bed because something could grab me from under the bed and that was a stupid irrational fear because if you've ever had a water bed -- you know there's no "under the bed".

Sorry -- I ramble -- why do you feel like crap chickadee?
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Try to think of all the reasons you have to NOT feel like crap (even write it down on paper so you can keep looking at it & reminding yourself of all the GOOD). . .I know that's easier said than done when you're feeling that way but if you can make yourself do it then it usually helps!
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    When I posted this it was physically feeling like crap. Then I got a call from my college saying I still owe them 2500. I told them I can only make small payments right now because I'm living paycheck to paycheck and they're like sorry not acceptable.
  • SommerJo
    Options
    When I posted this it was physically feeling like crap. Then I got a call from my college saying I still owe them 2500. I told them I can only make small payments right now because I'm living paycheck to paycheck and they're like sorry not acceptable.

Ya -- that would do it. Most places can't penalize you for making smaller payments other than higher interest and late fees -- which doesnt help the balance much -- but usually keeps you out of collections and doesn't damage your credit score. You're willing to pay what you can -- you should feel proud of yourself for taking responsibility even when it's hard. (I totally feel you on the paycheck to paycheck thing)
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I am trying so hard, and no matter what its not good enough
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I feel like I'm going to throw up
  • katlondoncanuck
    Options
    Ohh sweetie - sending you big hugs. I dont know where you are based, but here in the UK you can go to a citizens advice and they are really good and helping write to people on your behalf to sort out payment plans etc.

I know it does not feel like it right now but tomorrow is another day and it will all work out in the long run. message me if you want/need to talk to anyone. feeling like crap and so upset you want to puke is never fun!
  • SommerJo
    Options
    I am trying so hard, and no matter what its not good enough

I cried all day yesterday -- and half of today for this very reason. Honest question and honest answer....Do you feel you are doing the very best you can? If you know in your heart of hearts that you are -- then you have nothing to be ashamed of. If you are -- and someone doesn't think it's good enough -- then phooey on them.

And especially when it comes to bills. My rule in my home -- I pay what I can. I cover the necessities first -- and what's left over gets spent on bills. I have spent hours on the phone with bill collectors telling them my income and my bills. And when I'm done I ask where they'd like me to take the money from to pay them....

I don't have good credit -- but my bill collectors know me by name because I call when I say I'm going to call and I pay when I say I'm going to pay. No one at that college is going to starve because u pay $50 a month instead of $200. No one there is going to get evicted or lose their car. No one is going to have their lights or phones shut off. You are the only one who knows what's best for your home. You can only do what you know you can do. There's no shame in that.
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I really am paying as much as I can on my other bills, and on time. I'm trying to get my credit back in shape and I was doing good, until this phone call. I honestly have no idea what to do. I cannot afford getting another loan from someone then making payments to them for 3 years. I just don't make enough money and I'm trying to get a 2nd job but I can't make anyone give me one.
  • SommerJo
    Options
    Sounds to me like you're doing the very best you can. It may seem flagrantly irresponsible of me to say -- but I say pay what you can -- as often as you can while still maintaining the rest of your bills. It may take you longer than they like for you to pay it off -- but at least you are paying it off.

Hang in there doll -- adding my hugs to the pile :) (I know, what good are hugs when you need some cash lol)