NEW LIFE!!

Options
Well... September 18th 2010 was the best day of my entire life! I worked so hard to lose 25 lbs before the wedding and I did it!! Then I went on my HONEYMOON! I expected to gain a little weight... 10-15 lbs... Not only during the honeymoon but during the first few weeks of marriage.. just due to the change and getting accustomed to a NEW LIFE!! However, I gained back all 25 lbs I lost!! WTF! And now I'll lose 5 gain 5 lose 10 gain 10.. I know I'm eating HORRIBLY and not exercising!! I just cannot make myself exercise.. I love to spend as much time as possible with my wonderful husband... But recently, he has decided it's time for us to both be healthy and we have decided to join the gym together. our deal to one another.. We will not try for a baby until we have both lost 100lbs.. (For me I'm really aiming for 125, that will put me at 200lbs). Then once I reach that goal.. My ultimate goal is only 25-50 more lbs away.. (I'm not sure yet, b'c I've NEVER been that SMALL and not sure where I will be the most comfortable). So now that I have some incentive, like I did for the wedding, I think I can do it.. I just need to get focused and get back on the wagon.. But this time, I'm not getting on alone, I'm getting on with my husband holding my hand.. I believe that if we do this TOGETHER we really can do it in no time!!

This isn't the only change we're making in our life. We are on a journey to better our lives all together. Spiritually, Financially, Physically, Mentally, Emotionally. It's time for change and it's to live a healthy life together. Our goal for the year is to lose as close to the 100lbs as possibly and fix our credit so we can BUY A HOME! And pay off all of our unnecessary bills, including Kevin's car.

We cannot do this alone, we will need help thru out our journey, not only on the physical aspects, but all other aspects.. So any tips, recipes, suggests, personal ispirational stories and really anything will be GREATLY appreciated!

I just want to say thank you in advanced for all your help.. but not only that.. I wanna say thank you for making me realize this is what I need to be doing. I need to be healthy! I love you guys!

Replies

• cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You'll do great! Sounds like these are really healthy decisions, and I think you'll have a lot more energy running after a baby if you're a bit more fit!
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I think you and your hubby have the right idea. 12 weeks ago my husband and I did the same thing. I have never been this excited to be healthy. We get excited for our grocery shopping trips and coming up with new and yummy ways of eating right, and we spend at least four days a week working out together. I wish you both the best of luck! :heart:
  • neenaof4
    neenaof4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Those are some awesome goals. Unfortunately, in order to lose weight - you HAVE to eat better AND excercise!!! Start off slow -- find a couch to 5K program. That's a program that literally takes you from a coach potatoe to walking/running a 5K (which is 3.1 miles). I believe the first couple of days, you just walk from your front door for 15 minutes and walk back. That's how easy it is to start!! I did the program a year ago and now I'm hooked on running. My mom did it also and has lost 60 pounds!! And now she doesn't know what she would do if she couldn't walk her 3-4 miles every day!!! Good luck on your journey!!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU, Kaci! Doing this with Kevin will make it really wonderful. Boys always lose faster and easier (the buttheads, LOL) but the friendly competiton is fun if you allow to to be! ;)
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I think it is great that you are doing it together...my husband and I started lifting weights together about a year ago (and it has brought us closer together, but there were challenges)...anyhow, the only thing I want you to understand is that you have to be doing this for YOU, otherwise it will not last...great that you have the support...but the ultimate reason has to be that YOU WANT THIS...if you have that, you can do anything you set your mind to

BTW...I hated (I mean HATED) to exercise and sweat...and I am training to be able to run a 5k (at 40 years old)...if I can do this, anyone can!!!!!!