Chicken.....from a CAN?

Options
2»

Replies

• kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    I have never eaten chicken out of a can, but after reading some of these quick 'go to's', sounds like I'll have to give it a whirl!
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Canned chicken is one of my mainstays for lunch at work. I get the one with the pull tab top since we don't have a can opener at work. I drain it and put on a tortilla with a little cheese and some salsa. Oh so yummy and low calories and very filling.
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    I love chicken in the can but, it depends on the brand. Some are way too dry.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten chicken out of a can, but after reading some of these quick 'go to's', sounds like I'll have to give it a whirl!

^^ yep! ^^
  • BrayyNicole
    BrayyNicole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    . I mean I do use salmon in a can as well when I make baked croquettes =)

Care to share your recipe? I use this recipe (http://www.chitterlings.com/salmon-croquettes.html), but as they're fried, it's not exactly low-cal.

Omgsh! they are super easy.. you mix the salmon with egg and season the salmon mixture, coat them in bread crumbs and pop them in the oven!

Sorry I dont have my exact recipe on hand. Im sure you can find plenty online tho! =)
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ICK...that stuff is the worst. My fiance loves it. It has to be one of the grossest things ever.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Canned chicken is okay if you have no other options. But why not just buy chicken breast, cook it and chop or shred it yourself? Way less sodium and definitely tastes better.
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    Canned chicken is okay if you have no other options. But why not just buy chicken breast, cook it and chop or shred it yourself? Way less sodium and definitely tastes better.

For convienence of emergency lunches, if i am running late, or unplanned event at night didnt allow time to pack something, i just like to have some foods on hand! :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

For convienence of emergency lunches, if i am running late, or unplanned event at night didnt allow time to pack something, i just like to have some foods on hand! :)

Also, sometimes it's on sale for super cheap. I don't pass up "on sale," especially if it's something that's good for a quick, reasonably healthy lunch. :)