Anyone else on 'lose 2lbs a weeek' with less than 20lbs to l

Options
Hey all,

Well I have 18lbs to lose and have set my goal to lose 2lbs a week. I know that most people say when you don't have much weight to lose you should lower your goal to 'lose 1lb a week' But I just can't bring myself to do it!

I have been on this program for about 5 days now I think & I have already seen inches lost on my body. I eat 1200 cals a day or more if I exercise. So I really don't want to up my calories now as I have seen a difference.

Is anyone else in this situation?

Thank you :smile:

Replies

• biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    I would love to join you with the 2 pounds per week. I have 7 more pounds to go, but if i am lucky I loose 1 pound a week. Just doesn't come off that fast.
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have about 20 pounds to go, but I'm on "lose 1 pound per week."
    Question: when you say "this program" is there a place on MFP where I can see what "the program" is? Or is it just tracking calories and exercise?
    I hear people talk about weighing once a week only, and I see "NSV" on the blogs, but I haven't seen anything spelled out for me.
    Thanks for any advice you can give me.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    When I started I had about 25-30 pounds to lose. Now I have about 17 more.. I originally set it to 2 lbs/week at 1200 cal/day. I ate all my exercise calories back and I was still starving and fatigued. I DID see results, but I still saw results and felt WAY better when I upped it to 1 lb/week and 1500 calories. Plus, I LOVE food. I don't always eat my exercise calories back up to 1500.. my net is usually between 1300-1500.

As long as you're eating quality foods, upping from 1200-1500 might improve the way you feel and possibly produce faster results.
  • HiJam
    HiJam Posts: 22
    Options
    BrownSkinBeauty it looks like we have the same loss goal and I too would like to lose 2 lbs. weekly ... it's within the healthy range.
  • BrownSkinBeauty1990
    BrownSkinBeauty1990 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have about 20 pounds to go, but I'm on "lose 1 pound per week."
    Question: when you say "this program" is there a place on MFP where I can see what "the program" is? Or is it just tracking calories and exercise?
    I hear people talk about weighing once a week only, and I see "NSV" on the blogs, but I haven't seen anything spelled out for me.
    Thanks for any advice you can give me.

No sorry I just mean tracking exercise & calories!
  • BrownSkinBeauty1990
    BrownSkinBeauty1990 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    BrownSkinBeauty it looks like we have the same loss goal and I too would like to lose 2 lbs. weekly ... it's within the healthy range.

I also think it's within a healthy range as I have always heard losing between 1-2lbs a week is fine as long as you don't go over that. But since joining MFP I have heard differently so it just makes me really confused lol!