Love to eat

Options
I am a eater and I have begun an new eating life starting january 1 2008 , I have done so good so far and can feel a small diffrence in my bloating and the way my shirts fit. So why do I feel so emotionally spent and depressed , because I cant eat the way everyone else does? I havent allways been this big , I was in the Army and was 179 lbs and looking good one day long time ago . My motabelism isnt in gear and even on an 2300 calorie diet Im not losing very fast., or it doesnt feel like it . I havent weighed in since beggining my adventure , so I dont really know , but Im so scared to do so. Some people think that men dont care about their weight and dont care about their looks , and that is the farthest from the truth for me . I am so wanting to be me again , I can taste it. Please pray for me , and to all you who have struggled with weight issues , I feel your pain and pray that your desire to be healthier is stronger than mine. One day soon the world will see the man that is stuck inside this body I created , and feel bad for making me feel so insecure about it. When I lose this weight what will they call me . They wont be calling me fat , or big boy anymore thats for sure.

Replies

• bigjug1967
    Options
    I am a eater and I have begun an new eating life starting january 1 2008 , I have done so good so far and can feel a small diffrence in my bloating and the way my shirts fit. So why do I feel so emotionally spent and depressed , because I cant eat the way everyone else does? I havent allways been this big , I was in the Army and was 179 lbs and looking good one day long time ago . My motabelism isnt in gear and even on an 2300 calorie diet Im not losing very fast., or it doesnt feel like it . I havent weighed in since beggining my adventure , so I dont really know , but Im so scared to do so. Some people think that men dont care about their weight and dont care about their looks , and that is the farthest from the truth for me . I am so wanting to be me again , I can taste it. Please pray for me , and to all you who have struggled with weight issues , I feel your pain and pray that your desire to be healthier is stronger than mine. One day soon the world will see the man that is stuck inside this body I created , and feel bad for making me feel so insecure about it. When I lose this weight what will they call me . They wont be calling me fat , or big boy anymore thats for sure.
  • fitzio1015
    Options
    you seem to be in the right frame of mind....i knwo you will do good on this journey....i am sure youw ill have some ups and downs as we all will have....i know the past 2 days i have been craving a dr pepper...and you know what i think i will have one...just a lil 20 oz....if i don't i will get depressed...so in my opinion go ahead and eat something or drink somehing you used to love and that you want...just don't go overboard...and if you do...just start on the right habbits again...we all fall offa nd well get back on...its the way of life...

and as for the scale jump on and see how you have done it just may suprise you...and if it doesn't go so well then you know you need to change something that y have been doing .....but i bet you will see smaller numbers and you will be happy and want to see even smaller numbers...i know thats how i am.....

good luck to you and have a great and heathy day....
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words , It feels good sometimes to have someone to say something nice to you . ahve a good day also and May God bless you.
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi bigjug1967,

The thing that works for me is positive thinking. Whenever I think a thought that will make me sad, I redirect my thoughts to something I want to experience. Then, no matter what is happening, I am always happy and see the bright side. This also comes from faith, in that I know how much we are all loved and I allow that to fill me up and I then feel overjoyed.

God will support you on this journey. You are always surrounded by love.

Change your thinking, change your life.

Which comes first, a thought or a feeling? When you understand that, you will never be depressed another day in your life.

Enjoy the journey, fun is knocking at your door.

Connie Lynn
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the: why can't I eat the way everyone else does. I tell myself: because I didn't eat like they did before. I am a social eater. Whenever someone else is eating, I want to as well. So, I need to SLOW down and eat more veggies, so I can continue to eat when others are doing so. The other night, I tried to put my fork down for 5 seconds each time I took a bite - it was so hard - but I'm going to be doing it every day next month, so I should get used to it now!

Best of luck.
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    I am so thankfull for this sight , I am able to vent and have someone who doesnt judge me or look at me and think , man this guy must never quit eating . Thanks for all the words and I will overcome this and I will prevail, with Gods helping hand.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I think you should get on that scale. For one once you do it and get the first time over and done with it will be easier next time also getting on that scale and seeing a loss even if it's only a pound can get you really motivated to keep up with what you are doing, it always helped me.
    Keep up the good work and keep your chin up:smile:
    I feel your pain with the whole eating thing. I was only 15 pounds over weight but I still can't eat like how I want to and it's plan not fair!!:tongue:
    Keep us posted with your progress
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    Well it aint nobody's fault im this way , but mine , but man how did I allow this to happen ? I know eating right is important and for yrs I was eating 3-4 candy bars a day and 6-8 mountain dews a day and mcdonalds every other day and I estimated 5-7000 calories a day avaerage for yrs , thats why . But now thanks to Gods help im back on track and I have started at 2230 calories according to this site a day . and I feel full so far so just pray for me ok?
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    " If you do what you always did, you always get what you always GOT." W. Edward Deming" -- that's the quote that keeps me moving.... You have to make changes and your wishes will come true!
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You hang in there man! I know just what you mean about people's attitudes. Just remember that says a lot more about them than it does you. Every single person on earth has their faults and their issues. Some are more visible than others, but that doesn't mean others don't have just as much "work" to do on themselves.
    You are doing a good thing...for yourself, for your family...you stand up, push that chest out, and stand tall and proud my friend. You are a winner.
    Cowboy
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :flowerforyou: