GREEN MONSTER SMOOTHIE!?!?

Options
Im looking for a easy recipe for a green monster smoothie I woulld like flax seed in them and spinach! Im also on a low calorie diet soo something that is not to high in calories! Just wondering if theres any green monster smoothie drinkers out there!! :) I would like to just drink them 2 or 3 times a week; I heard you shouldnt drink them daily but not an experienced smoothie drinker.. Thanks!

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    My breakfast smoothie:

3-4 whole eggs (vitamins yum) u can use egg white
    1 cup baby spinach
    3-4 whole cooked mushrooms
    30g kraft shredded skim mozza (you can leave this out)

Cooked via microwave or frying pan whichever works.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Im looking for a easy recipe for a green monster smoothie I woulld like flax seed in them and spinach! Im also on a low calorie diet soo something that is not to high in calories! Just wondering if theres any green monster smoothie drinkers out there!! :) I would like to just drink them 2 or 3 times a week; I heard you shouldnt drink them daily but not an experienced smoothie drinker.. Thanks!

I LOVE this one:
    2 cups of ice water, 1/2 cup of OJ
    1 huge handful of organic raw baby spinach (I use 2 huge handfuls now)
    1 large or 2 small organic fuji apples
    1 small banana
    1 small handful of organic parsley
    (add your flax seed and voila!)

this will make a 32oz blenderfull - keeps for up to 2 days in the fridge.
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My breakfast smoothie:

3-4 whole eggs (vitamins yum) u can use egg white
    1 cup baby spinach
    3-4 whole cooked mushrooms
    30g kraft shredded skim mozza (you can leave this out)

Cooked via microwave or frying pan whichever works.

Seems more like an omelette than a smoothie.
  • StaceyL76
    Options
    I like to add hemp seed or chia seed/gell too!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    smomlette lol
  • MomBod81
    MomBod81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I LOVE green monster smoothies! I usually stick to oatmeal for breakfast when it's cold outside, but in the spring/summer I drink green smoothies almost everyday! I usually make mine with a cup of milk, (or unsweetened vanilla almond milk-makes it extra creamy and lower in calories) a couple big handfuls of spinach, 1 frozen banana, (cut up in chunks so it blends better) a tablespoon of ground flaxseed, and then whatever other fruit I want to add. Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and mango are all great options. You can also add some protein powder if you're looking for something with more protein. Sometimes I add some cocoa powder or almond/peanut butter which makes it taste like a shake...SO GOOD!
    There are so many things you can do with green smoothies, the key is just to start experimenting and find what you like!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Please excuse my ignorance...what is this for? A meal replacement? Something to help build muscle or just something for added nutrition?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Here are a bunch of recipes. http://greenmonstermovement.com/?cat=3
  • StaceyL76
    Options
    smomlette lol

LOL!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    You can have a green monster every day. Just mix up your greens. Kale works too.
    That site that rileysowner linked to is where I got started.

Enjoy! It's a fantastic way to get the full nutrition from your greens.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Check out www.greenlitebites.com. She has a ton of good stuff on there! Good Luck!
  • PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used to drink these almost daily. My favorite is very basic:
    1 tbsp flax seed
    1 banana
    1-2 decent handfuls of baby spinach
    1 cup skim milk
    1 big handful of frozen berries or frozen mango mix
    *tiny squirt of honey if desired
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Please excuse my ignorance...what is this for? A meal replacement? Something to help build muscle or just something for added nutrition?

Green Monsters work for just about what ever you want them for- you can really purpose them however you like. "Green" monster just refers to the veggie (typically spinach because it doesn't really have a strong flavor, so you can still have a sweet smoothie). Some people use them as meal replacements, protein supplements, recovery drinks etc. It all just depends what you put in it (whey protein is a common one for recovery drinks).

My morning run smoothie (1/3 before run, 2/3 after with breakfast):

1 handful spinach
    1 Banana
    8-16 oz of coffee chilled
    Dash of milk
    5-6 ice cubes