Kinect sports for the Xbox

Options
I just recently got Kinect for the Xbox, and one of the game I got was Kinect Sports. I was wondering what I should log this in as for exercise?

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    It really doesnt burn a ton of calories unfortunatly. I wore my heart rate monitor and im 165lbs, 5'7" female--burned about 120calories in 45 minutes. I started my timer when the game finally started! Now I just do that stuff "off the record" and think of it as bonus calories that Im burning to my goal faster.
  • vburnett01
    vburnett01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    you can create your own title and log it in under whatever name you wish to. After you have typed in xbox sports, it will say not found in the database. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click add exercise to database, then you can name it whatever makes you happy. :-). I do it all the time with every exercise I do.

Good luck to you!
  • carrotstick
    Options
    The Dance game (Just Dance I think?) is awesome on Kinect for a good workout
  • IslanderLily
    IslanderLily Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The Dance game (Just Dance I think?) is awesome on Kinect for a good workout

I use Dance Central for the Kinect and I like it a lot, I can really work up a sweat with that one and I love to dance..I also have Just Dance 2 for the Wii which got me started using dance games, the Kinect seemed like a great progression from that. Both do get me sweating and they have "sweat' counters, I have no idea how accurate these are but I compare the physical activity to one of the cardio exercises like line dancing or low impact aerobics based on how hard I worked, I estimate down just to be sure because of all the starts and stops in the programming. We played Kinect for two hours yesterday, bowling, boxing, and Rallyball and used the wii estimations provided by MFP as comparisons.
    I've read the reviews for other games and I think I'll wait til better fitness programs come out. I've heard Zumba is fun but there's a lot of mixed reviews, as well as a few of the fitness programs. Read as many reviews as you can and think about what you want out of the game, if you want a varied workout or something customizable, it's a lot of money to spend to not get what you want.
  • pixieval
    pixieval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I burn a lot of cals doing the boxing and volleyball. Had to change the computer player to professional or expert to get a serious burn on it.
  • pixieval
    pixieval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well, I just got a HRM monitor today, and I am buring a hell of a lot more calories than it calculated. Yay!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I work out on the Kinect using YouShape. I love the Virtual Smash (boxing). According to my HRM, I burn 100 calories every 10 minutes. When I am done, my shirt looks like someone dumped a bucket of water on me.