another newbie

Options
Hello :)
I am new here, and would really like someone to chat with & to help motivate me with my weight loss, I've read that it can help to have someone that you have to "report to" and such to help keep you on track.

I've started this journey because I am getting married 09/10/11 (5 months, 5 days!) and I want to look good on the wedding day, of course, but what I really want is confidence! I want to be able to enjoy the day and not worry about how I look or wondering if people are commenting on my weight.

I've been overweight for about 5 years & now that I am getting married & going to be starting a family, I want to be healthy! I want to be a good example to my children, I don't want them to grow up with bad eating habits like I did & I don't want them to be embarrassed of their mom. I want to be able to do outdoor activities with my fiance. Buy clothes at any store, Ect..

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Add me or message me :)

Replies

• mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    WELCOME ABOARD!!! u will love it here! the people are amazing and soooo helpful!
  • DawnHeffernan
    Options
    Sounds good welcome count me in as a friend if you like, it sounds like you have a new way of life to learn but you can do it. D
  • Happy2rwe
    Happy2rwe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new here also. I am trying to fit into a smaller sized dress for a friends wedding. I'll help motivate you if you'll do the same.
    Shell
  • itsher21
    itsher21 Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome. I am trying to fit a dress for a wedding in July and lose the 20 lbs I gained since last summer.
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new to MFP too, but I've been on my weight loss journey for almost a year (April 19th is my "anniversary"). I'll send you a friend request!!