How often should I weigh myself?

Options
How often should I weigh myself?? I've heard from every 3 days to only once a week.

Replies

• cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That will depend on your diet. But likely you'll be able to see true weight loss every week. If you weigh every day, you'll likely be seeing some water weight losses/gains to see a gradual decline in weight.
  • Candyrot89
    Options
    yeah I've heard once a week at the same time and day every week...because your body fluctuates...but not totally sure...so interested in the reponses as well!
  • music85
    music85 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have heard once a week but I do it daily!!! It probably isn't a good idea but it helps keep me on my toes!
  • tiggy73
    tiggy73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend any more than once a week. I personally have changed my weigh ins to every 2 weeks, so I can have more accurate results. Our body weights fluctuate on a day to day basis, so you are only setting yourself up for aggravation if you weigh daily or even every couple of days. Make sure you take measurements too. Those help track your losses even when the scales aren't so helpful.

Good luck!! :)
  • istutzman
    istutzman Posts: 64
    Options
    I weigh in every friday morning.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week usually, but if I had a very tiny loss one week, then the following week I will weigh mid-week just to make sure I'm on track.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    I weigh daily. You need to weigh yourself as often/not as often as you are comfortable with. If you are ok with the daily fluctuations and give them the credit/discredit they deserve (water weight, etc.) then go ahead and weigh daily. I do because I need to moderate myself often. If the daily fluctuations are going to make you crazy, then don't.

The one thing I'm having difficulty with on this site is the all or nothing/black or white "opinions" of some of the members. You need to do what is right for you. Take the advice, but then tailor it to fit your needs, lifestyle, etc.

Best of luck!
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone! :)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I always see the advice that says no more than once a week, but I find the only way to keep myself accountable is if I weigh myself every day. If I don't, it's like "out of sight out of mind." I actually weigh myself in the morning and at night. I know weight fluctuates, but it can also be consistent each morning and each night. I just don't get upset about the little fluctuations and try to keep the long-term in mind.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    I always see the advice that says no more than once a week, but I find the only way to keep myself accountable is if I weigh myself every day. If I don't, it's like "out of sight out of mind." I actually weigh myself in the morning and at night. I know weight fluctuates, but it can also be consistent each morning and each night. I just don't get upset about the little fluctuations and try to keep the long-term in mind.

Thank you!!! I do too! I just was worried about admitting it because the opinion is against our habit! :)
    Have a wonderful evening!