Help - sweet tooth

Options
Help - I'm finding it really hard to get used to not having a dessert at the end of a meal. I've seen a couple of yummy ideas involving graham crackers and cool whip but I'm in the UK and you can not get those here!

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

Replies

• rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    Do you have Nutella in the uk? If you did just a teaspoon of it after a meal. It's so chocolatey and rich, it may do the trick. :)
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Dole fruit cups. ( In own juice) It helps me with my sweet craving & its only about 25 calories per cup)
  • sarah_donniegreen
    sarah_donniegreen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits from McDonalds help me with my sweet tooth. They are low fat yogurt, too. Just don't eat the granola with it. If you have to break down, marshmallows or rice krispy treats aren't that bad if you use low fat butter.
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Caramel Coconut Fudge. You'll thank me! :wink:
  • mmaboydwechanged
    Options
    Make a smoothie with whey protein, milk, and frozen berries.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    They sell light puddings and mousse cups here in the States. They are around 60 calories and yummy.
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just found out hersheys kisses are 22 calories per kiss. :happy:
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I get a craving for something sweet after lunch. I usually drink a cup of Maxwell House International Cafe - French Vanilla that is sugar free and caffeine free. Only 30 calories. If that's not available where you are, there might be some similar product.
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I find that if I can get myself off the sugar for about 3 days (torture!) then I don't crave the sugar so much. Same with carbs. But once I eat more than a lifesaver or two of sugar - or a food that is mainly sugar, or has a lot - I'm doomed to the sugar craving again.
  • TurboJenn
    TurboJenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Last night I made a fruit salad with a granny smith apple, a banana, and an orange segmented. I topped it with plain Greek yogurt mixed with a little honey and zest from the orange. If you like something crunch on top you can crush some cereal or graham crackers. Split between hubby and I it was like 150 calories and we both loved it.
  • katlondoncanuck
    Options
    I find that if I can get myself off the sugar for about 3 days (torture!) then I don't crave the sugar so much. Same with carbs. But once I eat more than a lifesaver or two of sugar - or a food that is mainly sugar, or has a lot - I'm doomed to the sugar craving again.

Humm I guess you are right. I know I am a sugar addict. I did the south beach diet and by the second week I was ok without it. I guess the best thing will be for me to get on with it and just not have anything sweet after a meal. it is just hard!
  • istutzman
    istutzman Posts: 64
    Options
    Fiber One Caramel Coconut Fudge. You'll thank me! :wink:

Where do I get this recipe? Sounds delicious.
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Vita Muffins...the deep chocolate one. Microwave it for a few seconds and top with some chocolate flavored frozen cool whip. It melts on top an it is OOOOH SOOO good. Only 100 cals for the vitamuffin and 25 cals per 2 tbsp for the cool whip.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    weight watchers 100 calorie ice cream bars!!!
    or carbonated zero calorie flavored water! love it