Planning a bad day??

Options
Tomorrow is my Nans funeral so I have told myself I will not be so panicky over what I am eating...

Its a buffet meal so I wouldn't even know how to calorie count some of the things they are serving... aka Mini Yorkshires with Beef!!

I KNOW i will go over my calories.. and I'm not bothered too much as its not something I do everyday... but how do I input it into MFP??

x

Replies

• LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I would say just try to estimate and find similar items in the database if you can
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I recommend not counting for that day. Take the day off. Focus on your family and your Nan. Don't let dieting make you anxious.

You can resume counting the day after.
  • katlondoncanuck
    Options
    Don't worry about logging this one day. You will have more important things to focus on.
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Don't even give it a second thought - just enter your normal cal allotment at one time using the "quick tools" and "quick add calories" button - and let it go. That way you've logged in if you feel a need to but then don't put another thought into it!
    Be with your family and allow yourself - a day to concentrate on your feelings. You'll do just fine with your eating....by NOT worring about it!
    Blessings for you.........
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys - you've all made me feel less guilty about going over!!! Maybe I will limit myself by not eating too much and if I get a minuet will sit down and see if I can find items like for like on MFP!

x
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Take the day off - everyone needs a free day now and then, especially on an emotionally challenging day. Don't stress over one day of not focusing totally on the food in your life, it will not hurt you in the long run.

My sympathy for your loss, take care of yourself.