I love food but need help on HEALTHY recipes! please HELP!

Options
lexy83
lexy83 Posts: 122 Member
I am finding it fun to find healthy meals. BUT I am running out of ideas!!! Please help!!! So far I make my lunch the day before so that I can think about it. I have also found that shopping once a week lets you buy only what you need and no junk food. Today I am making Lemon pepper chicken breast (4oz) steamed peas and carrots 2/3 cups each and for dessert my fav a mini fruit salad.... I am not a huge water drinker so crystal light is a must... all under 500 cal. Oh yea... tomorrow I will be making stuff peppers with lean turkey ground! yummo! I am starting to believe that I will finally someday start to live! It really will get easier!!! I know it will, and i am motivated!!! PLEASE SHARE!!!

Replies

• BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I love this site....as a matter of fact I have two of their low-fat cookbooks. Just look under the healthy for options.........good luck and happy cooking. PS.....My family loves all the recipes I make from their cookbooks!
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Slow-Cooked-Pork-Roast
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    400caloriesorless.com

I live by it!!
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Also skinnytaste.com!!!
  • Khiyaemommy
    Options
    I just ordered this book call Hungry girl 300 under 300. It has recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner that are 300 calories and under. She also has a 200 and under book. I can't wait lol.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Also skinnytaste.com!!!

LOVE this site! It has some delicious stuff on it.
  • bhunter20
    bhunter20 Posts: 14
    Options
    Some one posted this just yesterday and i tried it tonight i was pretty tasty. I made some adjustments and
    will make some next time i make it but it was great!
    *after my adjustments the calories and other stuff didnt match up but it was still a very low calorie meal!

Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast

10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and juice squeezed out
    1 tsp oil
    1/2 cup (2.5 oz) fat free Feta cheese
    1/3 cup fat free ricotta
    1/4 cup chopped parsley
    1/4 cup chopped scallions
    1/2 onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic
    salt and pepper
    3 (1.25 lbs) chicken breast halves
    1 egg
    1 tbsp water
    1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs (I used 4C)
    spray oil
    toothpicks

In a small sauté pan, heat oil. Add onions, garlic and scallions and sauté about 1 minute. Add spinach and parsley, salt and pepper and cook another minute. Remove from heat, add feta and ricotta cheese.
    Preheat oven to 350°.
    Slice chicken breast halves into 3 thin cutlets. Pound them to make them thinner. This helps when you wrap the cutlets. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
    Place just under 1/4 cup of spinach mixture in the center of the chicken. Roll it and secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent filling from coming out. It's ok if it's not perfect. The egg wash and breadcrumbs keep everything in place.
    Dip chicken into egg wash, then breadcrumbs
    Spray cookie sheet with oil and place chicken on cookie sheet. Lightly spray chicken with oil and bake about 25 minutes, until cooked through. Remove toothpicks and serve

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/spinach-and-feta-stuffed-chicken.html

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 pieces • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 205 • Fat: 3.8 g • Protein: 32.0 g • Carb: 10.6 g • Fiber: 2.6 g
  • bhunter20
    bhunter20 Posts: 14
    Options
    this recipe is the original