I WAS feeling great this morning

Options
Had a stellar weight loss week, lost 3.6lbs and I was totally psyched at work all day. I hit my 1st mini goal of 25lbs a week earlier than I had hoped. My beautiful skinny 17yr old daughter who is my biggest supporter was so proud of me and we planned this weekend for our mini goal "treat"

Go to work, in a great mood all day, till the drivers come back at the end of the day and one of them ( a VERY nice person) who really only ever sees me sitting behind a desk made a comment that he noticed I had been drinking alot of water instead of my usual coffee. I told him I was dieting & I'd lost 25lbs

He said he hadnt noticed since he only ever sees me sitting behind my desk. Got up a few minutes later & walked past him & I noticed by the look on his face that he couldnt tell I'd lost ANYTHING. HE didnt say anything, he wouldnt anyway, he's much too polite for that, but I could TELL>

Ive lost 8 inches, 25lbs & every single pair of my pants is too friggin big< Shirts I didnt wear because I thought they were too tight, fit better. I feel better, but that one look from him...........................................

I dont know why this upset me so much

Replies

• SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down. He's a guy. Guys tend to be oblivious to that kind of stuff. And if he only ever sees you sitting behind the desk, how would he know anyway? (hugs)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Try to remember that you are doing this for YOU and never mind other people. You are doing really well. Don't let anyone take the wind out of your sails.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    he's a man...

enough said.

(actually....don't rely on other people to feel proud about your amazing accomplishments....you should feel great!!!)
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    Maybe he didn't notice b/c your pants are too big and they're not fitting right...time for some new pants, chica!!!! And what better reason for them! Congrats on the great loss!! Keep it up!! :) And don't worry that he didn't notice, he is a man afterall and really, I'm not sure they notice much of anything! lol
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I know I know. Just cant help it. Plus the husband, hadnt realized that I lost as much as I did. I tell him " I lost 2 lbs" "I lost 1.5lbs" etc, but I dont think he ever added it up. When I said when I got home after this whole incident that I'd lost 25lbs, HIS reaction was "really,????25lbs"????"

I hate men today:mad:
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    People are idiots. This one girl saw a picture of my boyfriends ex girlfriend on Facebook and made the remark, Wow he really likes big girls.... Like seriously, I was a size 6 and smaller than her... Dont let anything get you down!!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Try to remember that you are doing this for YOU and never mind other people. You are doing really well. Don't let anyone take the wind out of your sails.

Exactly as stated above. Can't be doing it for any other reason or it won't be a lifelong change. You have really had quite the accomplishment so far and as long as you recognize that, give yourself lots of credit for it, doesn't matter what others say. Yes its very nice to get noticed and complimented but that's not what will get you to the goal in the end. Its inner strength and drive which you have, so just love it and run with it!
  • katlondoncanuck
    Options
    he is a guy. they dont notice these things. PLUS he sees you everyday at work and people do not notice things which are gradual changes. all good weight loss will be gradual so dont let it put you off. take a look at some photos of yourself when you were 35lbs heavier and you will see the difference for yourself!

Keep up the excellent work and enjoy your treat you deserve it!
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know that u should do it for yourself an all but i understand that ppl noticing is a big confidence booster but dont even worry about it. I U can tell then blow everyobe else off. As lbs come off more and more ppl will notice so dont get discouraged just use it as motivation to go for it and stick with ur plan :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    you said he, guys dont notice things, you could probably go to work in a duck suit and he probably wouldnt notice anythings diffrent
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    you said he, guys dont notice things, you could probably go to work in a duck suit and he probably wouldnt notice anythings diffrent
  • olo567
    olo567 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    People will all notice at different points in your progress, but they will notice eventually. They people you see every day will take the longest to realize, and even then they may be afraid to imply that you were 'fat' before. Try not to let these little things get you down, YOU know what a big accomplishment this is going to be, and every step along the way is a small triumph. You could get better fitting clothes now and more people may notice, or you could tough it out and wait until you get closer to the goal and BAM they won't know what hit them!
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 25lbs is a great accomplishment. Men seriously don't notice. And I agree it's YOU that makes the difference and this will only make you stronger.

IT's okay to hate men today, but don't be upset, be PROUD!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I think what really bothered me is that he actually IS one of the few guys who notices stuff. Hey did you get a haircut, is that a new blouse. Maybe thats why It bothered me. And the hubby's comment sure as hell didnt help, but then again, HE"S the tpe that neve notices ANYTHING
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    maybe asking about the haircut or new blouse is his way of noticing something different about you but either too dense :) or too polite to ask if it's weight loss....I also noticed that people who see us everyday don't notice much...but a couple people I see less often have commented on my weight loss...and I've only lost 10 pounds, barely.

Congratulate yourself on 25 POUNDS DOWN! that's awesome...plus you are consciously working out, making healthier choices and losing inches. :) I think that's awesome! (and it inspires me)
  • cheme528
    cheme528 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is discouraging when you know you have done so well and yet someone doesn't acknowledge or notice it. It is definitely an esteem booster and motivator to get compliments on your success!!! Sorry you had a downer at work, but keep the positive that your daughter feeds you in front of you. I know it means a lot to me when my 16 yr old son compliments my weight loss. They are the important ones to notice. Hang in there!!!

5152050.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mohan65
    mohan65 Posts: 4
    Options
    deleted
  • ContinuousEffort
    Options
    :mad: Arrrrrg!! Men!
  • mohan65
    mohan65 Posts: 4
    Options
    deleted
  • jbqueen
    jbqueen Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hell, I work in a nearly all-female setting, and the ONLY person who's ever noticed my 18 pound loss has been one of the few men there!

Another thing: it took a LONG time for the weight loss to be obvious to other people, as in several months. For some reason I lose the pounds, but it takes my body a bit longer to reflect the change. That could be what you're experiencing, as well. Nonetheless, 25 pounds is fantastic - so be proud of yourself!!!