Never like being the new guy but here I am...

Options
My name is Tracy and I was recently diagnosed with diabetes and my wife and I have embrassed it and taken this bull by the horns. I have droped 24 lbs in 3 weeks and my blood sugars are back to normal. Keeping it up have big goals that would not have been possible without this thing called diabetes spuring us on....

Replies

• rachyrach1234
    Options
    how did you manage 24 lbs in 3 weeks?????!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Hey new kid. Welcome! You will find lots of support here.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Welcome.... take care of yourself and enjoy getting fitter.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Glad you are here and making life changes that affect your life---drastically. Add me if you like.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    hi & good luck
  • bondi42
    bondi42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job..... great incentive that you see the reduction in blood sugars
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    welcome to the club! I am insulin resistant and my husband was diagnosed with diabetes in August so I am doing this and my hubby is sticking to what the doctor gave us to do, which is the low glycemic thing. I am combining the two and eating what I like in moderation.
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    HI there Tracy. That is excellent news. You will find excellent support here and lots of inspiration. It is great to see how quickly your blood sugars returned to normal. Stick it out for the long haul and you will not only live a longer, but also much happier and healthier life. Glad you decided to join us here.
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    Great job gettting the blood sugars in check. This is a great place for motivation and support. Welcome:smile:
  • dayleparks
    dayleparks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The adult onset diabetes is what's got me committed to dropping the weight, too. Congratulations on the great start you have made toward better health!!:smile:
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! (What are you holding in the pic... a tiger?? Soooo cute!!)
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • sholiday216
    Options
    Hi Tracy--- Congrats on the weight loss --- I am about 3 minutes new! lol :smile:
  • Taznmb1
    Taznmb1 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have dropped the wieght by eating right and sticking to a 1700 calorie diet. Veggies lots of veggies. My picture I am bottle feeding a baby cougar. Thanks all for the encouragement and by the way my blood pressure was at 154/96 when I started this and now at 138/83 so there is another incentive for me....