Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes ~ 130 calories

Options
I made these last night and just wanted to share the recipe. I posted pictures of the finished cupcakes on my blog. Feel free to follow my blog if you like :wink:

MY BLOG: http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/2011/04/recipe-of-week.html

Just came up with this tonight... I was craving peanut butter cups, but didn't want to waste the calories. So I made a low-cal chocolate cupcake topped with a peanut butter icing and chocolate drizzled on top.

This recipe is simple, using a low-cal chocolate cake mix combine the dry mix with 12 oz of diet dr. pepper. Bake as instructed on the box. Place into paper liners, should make around 24 cupcakes (depending on your cake mix). While cupcakes are baking mix 16oz of lite whipped cream with 4 tablespoons of peanut butter. After they are combined refrigerate until the cupcakes are through baking. Top each cupcake with the whipped cream mixture & drizzle 2 tablespoons (total) worth of chocolate syrup over the cupcakes. ENJOY!

*Your calorie count WILL vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use.

I actually think these can be made with even lower in calories... but I just used what I had in the house. Next time I am pushing to make them for about 100 calories each!!!

ENJOY!!!

Replies

• crystal10584
    Options
    bump
  • rizorw
    rizorw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sounds so good! Thanks for sharing.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    BUMP! This sounds sooo yummy!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    bump is right! I saw chocolate and peanut butter and I came running! TOTALLY my weakness! I'll try this soon! :love:
  • Jackie0127
    Jackie0127 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nice! Thanks for sharing!
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HoneymoonSlimDown
    Options
    Bump! Can't wait to try these!
  • haldeman5
    haldeman5 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am going totry this weekend for a family get together:-) Thanks so much!!!!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This sounds delicious! I will be making them over my April vacation for sure :-) Thanks for sharing!
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    Options
    MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Thanks for this!
  • sabell82
    sabell82 Posts: 43
    Options
    Yum!!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    I am making these tonight!!
  • blessedmommy2x
    Options
    I made these last night and just wanted to share the recipe. I posted pictures of the finished cupcakes on my blog. Feel free to follow my blog if you like :wink:

MY BLOG: http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/2011/04/recipe-of-week.html

Just came up with this tonight... I was craving peanut butter cups, but didn't want to waste the calories. So I made a low-cal chocolate cupcake topped with a peanut butter icing and chocolate drizzled on top.

This recipe is simple, using a low-cal chocolate cake mix combine the dry mix with 12 oz of diet dr. pepper. Bake as instructed on the box. Place into paper liners, should make around 24 cupcakes (depending on your cake mix). While cupcakes are baking mix 16oz of lite whipped cream with 4 tablespoons of peanut butter. After they are combined refrigerate until the cupcakes are through baking. Top each cupcake with the whipped cream mixture & drizzle 2 tablespoons (total) worth of chocolate syrup over the cupcakes. ENJOY!

*Your calorie count WILL vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use.

I actually think these can be made with even lower in calories... but I just used what I had in the house. Next time I am pushing to make them for about 100 calories each!!!

ENJOY!!!

Quick edit: I used 5 tablespoons of peanut butter NOT 4, Sorry!
  • appleshells
    Options
    I just made these, they are great!

I used fat free cool whip, reduced fat peanut butter and Pillsbury sugar free devil's food cake mix and they come up to 92 calories apiece!!!
  • blessedmommy2x
    Options

I used fat free cool whip, reduced fat peanut butter and Pillsbury sugar free devil's food cake mix and they come up to 92 calories apiece!!!

AWESOME! I KNEW they could be lower!!! That's awesome! I will make them that way next time- UNDER 100 calories! You CAN'T beat it! :drinker:
  • rizorw
    rizorw Posts: 67 Member
    Options

I just did the same thing! great Minds think alike.

So happy you shared this.
  • appleshells
    Options
    I only used 4 TBSP of the peanut butter, I didn't see you used 5 until after I made them! Even with 4, it was yumm yumm yummy
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    bump!
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just made these according to the original directions (w.5 tbsp R.Fat PB & Kmart generic devils food mix) and they were 128 calories and DELICIOUS! I never thought to get the sugar free cake mix...NEXT TIME!
    Thank you sooooo much for this!
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    bumpity bump!