One more time!!

Options
I was scheduled for lap band surgery next friday (4/15/11) and just called and canceled my appointment! Yikes! They had me on a full liquid diet for the two weeks prior to surgery. One week down and I was doing great. I was doing so well with my own will power that it made me rethink my choice to be cut open and shell out 10 grand to lose weight. I decided to give myself another chance.

Has anyone heard of "My Fit Foods"? Probably not, they are local to Texas. Anyhow, I stopped there on my way home from work and loaded up on healthy meals. I just ate my first dinner from them and it was quite yummy. I believe that I can do this!

I have 92 lbs to lose. I could use some chat buddies! Chat me up please. :)

Replies

• shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    You can do this!!! I lost 81lbs since February of 2010 and it's been nothing but a great challenge!!!

I applaud you on your decision to not go through with the lap band surgery! Doing it this way will help motivate you to keep going!!! :)
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I'm amazed at your courage, but also extremely confident that you can TOTALLY do it on your own!!
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great courage! Kudos to you! I have more than 100 pounds to lose, so we both need motivation!! We can do this!
  • joec53
    joec53 Posts: 8
    Options
    Surgery seems to be the easy way out unless completely necessary. I am glad you chose to do it the hard way. Also seems a little risky. As I am also new to this community I started counting calories on 4/1 today when i weighed in i had lost a total of 4.8 pounds. I have about 40 pounds to lose. I have tried so many fad diets in the past the only one that worked temporarily was atkins I could drop about 12 pounds in a week with it but as quick as I would lose it I would put it back on. Tracking your calories and eating healthy is made very easy with the my fitness app, and with a community as big as mfp. Welcome aboard and good luck if you need friends and support add me.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Big decision but i applaud you.
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    I had a RoyxNY about 8 years ago,.,,, was 260 something at my highest.... Went all the way down to 165 and everyone started to complain that I looked awful. So I stopped eating the right way and let my weight stabilize. Well it stabilized and stabilized and stabilized all the way until I was 197 at the beginning of this year. Work started a biggest loser contest at the beginning of January and it just ended 30 march. I joined it thinking I would probably pay my money each week on weigh in day and congratulate whoever won at the end of the game. I got my daughter a Wii FitPlus for Christmas and since she is rounder than she is tall I thought I would play Wii Fit with her to get her motivated. Well I liked it and went out and got Biggest Loser Challenge for the Wii. I REALLY liked that. And I got more and more into the weight loss and exercise. When I joined MFP I was 188 lbs. By adding MFP and watching the calories I put into my system and the calories that I was able to burn with exercise has really done the trick for me. I am down to 168 ( 167 according to this mornings scale) and am almost down to my original goal of 160. I modified my goal weight 2 weeks ago to 155 just so I could have a 5 lb leeway to play with once I am finished. Even though I "bought" my tool 8 years ago... It wasn't untill I learned the "tools" that I needed that I was able to lose the weight. I plan on keeping it off this time. Am NOT going back to the 200's again. Even though my weight loss and enthusiasm has not spurred my daughter into being more active or toning her up.. I am not gonna stop. I love it when she tells me she can now get her arms all the way around me. I also love the fact that I am happier now than I was 4 months ago. Add me if you want. Its a journey but one well worth it.
  • TNERNURSE
    TNERNURSE Posts: 17
    Options
    Good decision . If you can do it without surgery that's great. I have over 100lb. to lose .I would be glad to help support you though the journey. With the help of MFP and the support from others that are in the same boat hopefully we can do this. Good luck!
  • MMieure
    MMieure Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone! I feel stronger this time. I think I am just ready.
    @Savvynurse what is a RoxyNY?
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    I didnt spell it right but it is a true gastric by pass... not the lap band.
  • Kebennett1
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MyFitnessPal! I love this site! It is helpful in so many weighs:blushing: ! I love watching the ticker change as my weight goes down, I love the non-ending support. I love the calorie counter.....

I am 49 years old and have fought the battle of the bulge for decades! I yo-yo dieted unsuccessfully for eons! Finally, at the urging of my cardiologist I had Lap-Band Surgery on Jan 31st 2011. I am now 39 pounds lighter and am about halfway to my goal weight!
    I am now able to maintain eating small meals and am ONLY eating healthy foods for the first time in my life! I feel great, except for my recent hysterectomy which I have to still recover from! I can't weight :laugh: to hit the gym in 6 weeks! I had been walking 2 miles a day on the treadmill, working with a ball and dumbbells until my most recent surgery!

I am happy for you! I pray that you will be able to reach your goal weight and sustain it without the LB Surgery! Either way it means a life long change in eating habits! Small portions of healthy foods, and exercise are truly the key! I simply never could sustain it! I am happy with what the LB Surgery has helped me to achieve and I am much healthier now!