tingling legs and feet while running

MrsHilgert
MrsHilgert Posts: 33 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
Are there any runners out there that have experienced a tingling sensation after running for awhile? I am just now getting to around 3 miles and I've noticed that my legs and feet are starting to go numb a little when I've been running for more than 30 minutes. As soon as I stop to do my cool down and walk for a few blocks, it goes away.

Replies

• suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    I just started jogging indoors after a long hiatus from exercising, and my feet get really hot at about minute 17 -- hoping others have a solution to this!
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    I use to have this during high impact aerobics class. I don't have it now when I run but I always wondered too.
  • Im not a runner but and probably never will be but I have noticed this when I am on the Elliptical. After about 20-30 minutes my feet just go completely numb, and when I stop and walk a bit it goes away.

Ive been told that Im either locking up a joint somewhere in my legs when im exercising or that my body just doesnt like the movement that im putting ith through. I havent found a solution yet so I have no idea what could cause it to happen.
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    I was having the same problem. But I was walking/jogging/machines/exercising in some Merell's that really are not intended for it. Bought some new shoes, much better. I also think it may have something to do with me starting to get into something almost sort of resembling 'shape'... I had been really sedentary for over a decade before I started exercising a few months ago. So much better now.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Ditto- between 20-30 minutes onthe elliptical and the bottom of my feet go numb, as if they've fallen asleep! When I get off of it, it goes back to normal. Can't figure out why....
  • MrsHilgert
    MrsHilgert Posts: 33 Member
    some places are saying it has to do with shoe fit and some blame posture and stride. They say to keep your feet under your body more.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Google reynauds disease and see if you have the other symptoms
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    I would check the shoes. All workout shoes aren't made to be worn by everyone. I would suggest going to a running shoe store and have them look at your feet. They will use certain techniques to determine what shoes would be great for you. When I change shoes I no longer had tingling in my feet.
This discussion has been closed.