yes you with the awful form.

Options
RDH0513
RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
Now I am by no means the fitness guru over here... but WHAT THE HELL is up with the guys who load plates on for a squat and lean forward then "squat" two inches ( I am being nice when I say two inches)

and not to mention, they don't take their plates off. Any guys care to elaborate on this? Is that some form of a squat that I have never heard of?? and would you be offended if I just walked up and slapped you and asked WHAT are you doing??

This is really me venting.. I am actually a nice person haha! and I really appreciate the guys with good form!

Replies

• phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    Guys who put more weight on the rack than they can actually lift crack me the heck up. I'm not sure who they think they are impressing.

And not removing the plates? Well, that's just rude.
  • RDH0513
    Options
    i knoww!! I have to admit though, that while it does interrupt my workout to take them all off, I get some personal satisfaction out of taking off 270lbs by myself! I remember when I couldn't even budge 1 plate let along move them to where they are supposed to go haha!
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    Personally I think you should call them on it.

"Hey, get over there and put your weights away!" Then snicker as they blush with embarrassment at the fact they were told off.

;)

-Rain
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    This cracked me up!!! Hahah SLAP 'EM!!!
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Your gym should require people to return their weights. I mean they are there to work out so why skipm on burning an extra cal or 2 by putting your plates back.

It also pisses me off when people place dumbbells in the wrong place. I am there to workout not search for the right DB.

I carry a notebook with to log my exercise and I leave it on the equipment I am using if I go get some water. I came back one day and this guy was sitting on my notebook doing some flys. I said, "I would appreciate it if you would get your *kitten* of my notebook." I correct people in a heartbeat if they leave sweat on equiment take my machine etc... The fitness attendant should do it, but who knows what they are doing.

Everytime someone leaves their weight on go get the fitness attendant manager etc... and get them to remove it for you. When they get tired of this they will start asking people to replace their weight when they are done.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    If I do that, forget the slap... nice hard kick in rear should do.
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What about the people who sit on the equipment that you've got your eye, doing nothing but chatting with a buddy?
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    What about the people who sit on the equipment that you've got your eye, doing nothing but chatting with a buddy?

Politely ask if you can work in. Most people are open to the idea.
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options

That'll help your flexibility too, since you'll have to kick higher to make contact.

Believe me, I see people like this ALL THE TIME. Today there was some moron "pressing" 120lb dumbbells with the help of his spotter. Once the "lifter" had his arms extended, his spotter pressed them together while he squirmed on the bench like a fish out of water before letting the weights crash to the floor.
  • JuniorTaitt
    JuniorTaitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I put the dumbbells back in the wrong place... oops sorry lol
    No explanation for the squatting tho
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I love the skinny kid at my gym who walks around with the "intimidating weight lifter face on" but he's as skinny as a rake, i can't believe he's even out of school he looks so young.

sorry, but you can't walk around with that "intimidation face on, you have not earned it in the slightest", i know your friend has a few muscles in his shoulders, but you haven't. sorry, you made me laugh so much that i had to walk past your machine to check how much weight you had on your machine. And, then i really had to cover my face when I realised I could lift at least twice that, and I'm no body builder.

I don't mind people lifting light weights, thats totally fine, but the attitude you walk around with, seriously, you are a beginner, lets not get ahead of ourselves now!
  • RDH0513
    Options

I want to slap them too!! usually these people, I don't mind asking them to move. teenagers and the old guys who don't really train seriously and look the exact same all the time, yeah those are the worst ones at my gym haha
  • RDH0513
    Options
    I love the skinny kid at my gym who walks around with the "intimidating weight lifter face on" but he's as skinny as a rake, i can't believe he's even out of school he looks so young.

sorry, but you can't walk around with that "intimidation face on, you have not earned it in the slightest", i know your friend has a few muscles in his shoulders, but you haven't. sorry, you made me laugh so much that i had to walk past your machine to check how much weight you had on your machine. And, then i really had to cover my face when I realised I could lift at least twice that, and I'm no body builder.

I don't mind people lifting light weights, thats totally fine, but the attitude you walk around with, seriously, you are a beginner, lets not get ahead of ourselves now!

hahaha!! I know what you mean! There is this kid in my gym and we call him "body builder" He goes out of his way to talk about himself and his "career" to ANYONE around him, and how he eats 12 meals a day of some insane high calories each meal... but he's always the same skinny size. I really think I lift heavier than him majority of the time... but most of us just feel sorry for him and let him talk and talk and talk. it will catch up to him one day!
  • RDH0513
    Options

That'll help your flexibility too, since you'll have to kick higher to make contact.

Believe me, I see people like this ALL THE TIME. Today there was some moron "pressing" 120lb dumbbells with the help of his spotter. Once the "lifter" had his arms extended, his spotter pressed them together while he squirmed on the bench like a fish out of water before letting the weights crash to the floor.

You know I can't help but stare at the guys when they do this. It's sad because they are convinced I am checking them out because of how "strong" they are... silly boys!
  • RDH0513
    Options

If I ever see you doing it I will do both haha
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    :laugh: This was AWESOME! Thank you for posting I needed a good laugh!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Guys who put more weight on the rack than they can actually lift crack me the heck up. I'm not sure who they think they are impressing.

And not removing the plates? Well, that's just rude.

http://www.gymidiots.com/video/squat-accident/

Ever heard of the Atomic Accordion Squat? I may try this myself....
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    What makes me laugh is the guys who scream as they lift.

Last time I was working out with my trainer there was this guy towards the back of the gym lifting and you could clearly hear him where ever you went in the gym. Made it sound like he was dying.. and I seriously thought he was for a moment!
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Some bodybuilders are idiots. It seems to be a hobby/past-time where a lot of rubbish gets around, and often because X big-shot is doing something, Y wannabe copies it word for word.

I'm not saying all bodybuilders are idiots by the way. Serious body-building is about crazy results, so they often have to do crazy and bordering on unhealthy things to get that way, that's their look-out not mine. It's those that do all the daft stuff that get me giggling.
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    http://www.gymidiots.com/video/squat-accident/

Ever heard of the Atomic Accordion Squat? I may try this myself....

OMG This site is hilarious! Thanks for the link!