Stood up to the man...well my family

Options
DJJW
DJJW Posts: 519 Member
Today was weird. Family took us out to breakfast....ate pretty good for a restaurant. Then they got stuck in town for lunch. They just wanted to swing threw a fast food and head back to my house, so we did. THEN...when I got home I made myself a healthy lunch!!! OH YES I DID!! After TONS of dirty looks and telling me that "That's silly, there is something at Burger King that you can have" I said, not really, especially since we went out this morning. Feeling like I accomplished the world!!

Replies

• mickimause
    Options
    Yay for you!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    way to go!!! I got that this past weekend...FINALLY agreed to go to Mexican....and I got...oh you can eat chips and cheese dip.(NOT) you can have fajitas(NOT...fried in oil...hello??) I had a chicken breast grilled, ONE chip..and rice.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    thats awesome and I hope you enjoyed your healthy lunch :)
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good for you and your willpower!! It always feels like an accomplishment when you can still say no to eye-rolls and shaking heads!! I get it all the time too.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Congrats on that success!! I deal with issues like that with some of my family too and I know it is tough so that's terrific!!! :flowerforyou:
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic! Way to go!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Right on great job! I find myself often getting the nasty looks but who cares they will see!! The weight is melting off and it is because I will not compromise. The way I look at it I am doing this to be healthy and live longer and why would I want to ruin that to eat food that when you get right down to it doesn't taste that good! I mean really when you think of the costs all those calories and all that fat that is long term for the thrill of a few bites that disappear in a few mins. Right On Way to Go!!
  • bethymay123
    Options
    I have to deal with this all the time. My familyloves to go out to eat. I try to get a salad when I can. Today I had a ton of calories left so I got a burger,not the best choice but everyone can have a bad day:(
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    way to go!! We took the boys through Burger King a couple months ago and DH said let's just split a whopper. I said HECK NO! Take me to Subway where I can eat a whole sandwich for less than half that burger! ;) And he did and thanked me for keeping him on track! :)
  • ShiloughCoy
    Options
    WOW! Thought I was the only "weirdo" measuring my food and getting the snotty comments or choosing the salad and being told I'm being "silly". :) Good for you, tho. Remember, all these little decisions add up to BIG losses!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! That is such HUGE Victory!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    good for you! Sadly, I don't have many choices when it comes to eating out because I HATE Salad of every type and I'm not a fish person. Luckily for me, If I get a burger I usually don't eat the fries, and I keep away from all condiments because I don't like them. I'm not a picky person, I have tried everything I don't like multiple times, I just have a problem with certain textures. I get the weird looks when I measure my food too though.
  • BCXMC
    BCXMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Lol Thats the greatest feeling to feel like you have the control and power over your intake of food. When family are around they tend to give you that ughhh just try this its not going to hurt..the old me would've be like oohh what the heyyy! and fail myself..

Today I do great!! Like it was my cousins birthday and my aunt is on WW and she asked what I was eating at the Cheesecake Factory, I started to google the day before the nutrition facts for the restaurant. I said oh a salad and low cal yummy sandwich with turkey. She told me she was going to eat healthy also...

She totally did yourself wrong lol she ordered the most fatting scratchy foods ever, my family turned and looked at me and said ughh shes eating healthy and turned up their nose, as the scarfed down all there pastas and breads. The whole time I was getting picked on, as I felt refreshed they started to feel like OMG I'm stuffed I want to go to sleep..I just laughed as I sipped my blackened tea lol..Then we got for the "happy birthday..." then eat cake and ice cream, I turned it down and all hell broke lose as every stared at me again, then said "dont deprive yourself" I said dude you guys are really being anal about my new way of living (thought to myself geez wheres the support?!) <<thats when I wrote to my MFP family to calm my nerves and--...So they left me alone as I sat and I watched them stuff seconds and FOURTHS of 1,000s and 1,000s of calories down their throats..

I felt like you, IT WAS AWESOME..So I'm proud of you.. I never thought, I would get to share that lol, families that see us trying to change are just HATERS lol Keep Believing in yourself because everyone here believes you CAN DO IT!!!

I wish you the best on your journey!!

- Mal
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Now lets hope that I can do it the next, and next and next time.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think the first time is always the hardest and after that it gets easier to say "No, I can't and don''t want that, I would rather have this". My husband has no choice but to eat healthy, I am not cooking him a separate meal and he would be missing out on some great cooking if he turned down what I made and he knows it too.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Thats how you do it!!!! Keep rockin it :)
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I guess all families are like that. I know mine will say "hey you look great" then in the same breath ask why I won't eat a piece of cake or ice cream or whatever. They love me whether I am thin or heavy. They just don't want me to be depriving myself of something I like. I guess they don't understand eating those kinds of things didn't make me happy, just fat!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!