My hips aren't going away!

Options
So I have now lost 22 pounds, but for some reason around my hips....muffin top area :tongue: ....isn't losing hardly anything. Has anyone else had this issue but figured out a good exercise to get ride of the hips? I workout at 3-4 times a week with a combination of running on the treadmill and yoga. I've also started doing crunches and weight lifting, but for some reason the hips wont go away!

Replies

• HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I am very "hippy(or is it hippie?)" and it has been super hard to "down-size" my hip area. Still working on it!
  • nadiakim
    nadiakim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hips are a problem area for me as well. Takes longer to loose there. Unfortunately when we loose weight we cannot control where the fat leaves. I have read some books on theories about eating certain types of food to loose weight in certain areas. Do not know how good they are. Maybe up the amount of time you do cardio, thats the best for burning fat. Just my opinion, I am no expert. Good Luck.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any workout DVDs? I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred right now and I've noticed a significant decrease in my back fat/muffin top. I picked it up for about $10 on Amazon.
  • kaleidoscopheart
    Options
    Have you tried yoga?
    If you go on Youtube or the iTunes podcasts, Tara Stiles has some really good videos on weight loss yoga. She targets areas like hips, legs, arms, abs etc.

I don't know if this helps.
  • Overthegardengate
    Overthegardengate Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost about the same amount since November and am experiencing the same thing. Lost an inch at the bust, an inch and half at the waist but only a half inch in the hips. Maybe it takes more before it comes off there
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3 inches around my waist/belly area and about 2 in the hips (is what this was supposed to say lol) since March 15 and I attribute most of it to pretty radically changing my diet. I am eating a lot of whole foods and really trying to limit processed stuff, fast food, sodium, simple sugars...I still eat some of those things but way less than I did before. Hope this helps!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am very "hippy(or is it hippie?)" and it has been super hard to "down-size" my hip area. Still working on it!

Definitely hippy.:drinker:
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Time. We all lose in different places first. I'm also hippie and boobie (am I allowed to say that??) The point being my stomach shrinks away in no time flat and keeps getting smaller, not so with my hips (more so my thighs really) and my boobs. They just take time - there is no such thing, unfortunately, of spot reducing.

If it makes you feel better, they say the leg/hip fat is the "good" fat to have.......
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/abs/l/bloblique.htm

Work those hips at least once a day, even if for a minute. :) They'll shrink in no time! :D
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Stair climber set on high with a lot of resistance. When you feel stronger do and Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred. I am on Day 4 Level 2 and my saddlebags are almost gone.:drinker:
  • smeyerdirk
    Options
    I do yoga once a week along with cardio for an hour 3 times a week. I just bought Jillian's 30 Day Shred, but I've only done it once...I'm worried that I won't lose weight if I start doing the 30 day shred.
  • missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    Well.......... first off it takes time for different areas to go down. so hopefully pretty soon you just keep on pushing and they will go down for ya. I'd say keep on walking/running and stationary biking. that should help. second.. hips are natural for some. if they have always been there they may always be there. Look at Leslie Sansone. She is a wonderful workout instructor with many DVD's and as well as shape as she is in, those hips are not going anywhere. Girl embrace those hips and love the jeans you can get into if you ask me. Having hips is what makes a woman a woman. Nothing wrong with wanting to get them smaller but there are some women who would love the issue you have =) Best of luck girl!
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    i'm not sure if youll know what im talking about,
    but usually i ignore all stuff that i have no idea how to work... but i went to workout with my sister yesterday and she usually just does weight stuff -since shes a waitress and walks all day and gets enough cardio.
    and theres this weight machine thingy.. it doesnt actually have weights on it...
    it supports your legs, and makes you stand slanted.... and then you lift your torso back (so since your slanted, its pretty much how you would be standing up), and then bend down alllll the way as far as you can go.
    i woke up today, and all day my lower back (where the backlovehandles) are, and then i did crunches which made my lower abs hurt as well.
    so since im so sore, i think with time it will work pretty well!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

Definitely hippy.:drinker:
    Thank ya!:drinker: