Lost a baby

Options
I miscarried on Thursday, and I haven't eaten since. Exercise helps me deal, and ideas on good exercises would be appreciated!!!!! I go to the doctors tomorrow, and will make sure I can exercise before I do anything.

Thanks,
Angie

Replies

• angelaschweinhart
    Options
    I miscarried on Thursday, and I haven't eaten since. Exercise helps me deal, and ideas on good exercises would be appreciated!!!!! I go to the doctors tomorrow, and will make sure I can exercise before I do anything.

Thanks,
    Angie
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss...(((big hugs))) As a mom myself, I can appreciate the pain you must be in.
    I really hope this place will be a good support system for you.
  • angelaschweinhart
    Options
    Thanks, it's nice to be able to talk to someone other than family. It helps me a whole lot!!!!! I have 2 children already, I have an 8 year old little girl, and a 2 1/2 year old little boy. They are my whole life, and I am just trying to stay up beat, and not let them see me sad. Exercise helps with that, but also talking helps as well. Thank you again for the support.

Angie
  • baylou
    baylou Posts: 52
    Options
    Hello Welcome and Iam so so sorry for your lost I to had miscarriages and I lost a child she was 9 months old so I can feel your pain you will never forget that little person that you were so waiting for but in time it wont hurt as much If I can help you in anyway feel free to ask OK
    love and hugs to you
    betty
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your lose. I totally understand. I have been there twice. You take it easy. I wouldn't workout until you have talked to your doctor.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Take care:heart:
  • EcoGal
    EcoGal Posts: 9
    Options
    I too have been there twice. Give yourself time to recover both emotionally and physically. Definitley wait on an okay from the doctor to begin exercising. Take time to pamper yourself a little right now. Take good care.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :frown: :cry: :sick: :flowerforyou:
  • joanne123
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss :cry:
  • tremmons
    Options
    :flowerforyou: We are here for you.
  • stargirlie
    Options
    so sorry for your loss hun, lots of hugs :flowerforyou:
  • msrn8143
    msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for what you are going through. Take care of yourself. We're here for you.
  • blessedmamma
    Options
    Hi,

I'm blunt, and your health is at stake. All words are spoken out of love and urgency.

1. I am sorry about your loss. I too have been there and know the pain it brings. There was a time when I thought I'd never survive a miscarriage. I found out, though, that I really can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Everything happens for a reason.

2. Do you have anyone to take care of the children for you. You need a break so you can grieve. Exercise is usually healthy, but when it's taking the place of a normal, healthy process, the opposite is true. You need to get this out so you can begin to heal.

3. Once you begin to heal, you can begin to eat. Unless you're fasting, 3 days without food is not good. You just had a baby. Not full term, but a baby no less. You lost blood. Your body needs to begin to rebuild. Not nourishing it, but demanding more of it through exercise is not healthy.

I promise: I'm grieving with you. I don't want you to hurt yourself. You still need to take care of you for your other two babies (I call all under 18yrs. babies). This is a part of life that you will recover from, whether you believe it right now or not. Hang in there. Take the time to grieve. From that point, things will start to get better. I promise.

You are in my prayers.
  • skinnyray
    Options
    Honey, I am so sorry to hear about your loss! We are all here for you! I do agree that you need to wait and see your doctor before exercising. You also need to try to eat something, even if its chicken broth. You need to try to stay strong! Big hugs, and let us know if you need anything at all!!! :heart:
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I agree with blessedmomma... I have been in your shoes and I empathize sincerely.
    I finally went to counseling for it (it's a long involved story). But you need to take some time and heal. And please eat!

:heart: :heart:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    It breaks my heart, as a mother, whenever I hear that someone has had to go through the loss of a child and hopes and dreams.

It is important for you to listen to your doctor right now. Make sure you keep yourself healthy by eatting and trying to get some sleep. I am not going to recommend any exercise because I am not a dr. and I have not been through a miscarriage so I would not be able to tell you from experience anything good.

Please take care of yourself.